burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Gator Glam: Fashion Mistakes We’ve All Been Guilty Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

1. Wearing a brightly colored bra under a sheer topNow, just to clarify, there is a big difference between wearing a cute tank with a bandeau underneath for a pop of color and wearing a regular white T-shirt with a very noticeable difference in color around the chest area. Just don’t do it. If you don’t already have one, look for a nude bra with convertible straps so you can always look flawless even in the sheerest of tops!

2. Buying clothes that are too tightI’ve been guilty of this a few times in the past. You find an awesome dress, but then you realize that the only one left is a size or two smaller than your real size. Just walk away. Don’t even try to promise yourself that if you work out hard enough, you’ll eventually fit into it. Always buy for the body size you have at the moment.

3. Believing loose clothes are the only option for plus-sized girlsLoose and flowy clothing is not your only option for looking your best! If you want to wear a body hugging dress, then do it! And if you still feel a little insecure about your figure in tighter clothes, there’s always our friend Spanx to give us that extra “oomph” to an outfit. Celebrities from Kim Kardashian all the way to Tyra Banks have raved about their love for Spanx, so give them a try!

4. Washing your jeans too oftenBelieve it or not, you don’t have to wash your favorite pair of jeans after every wear. This only fades the color much faster. Instead, wash them when they get stained or begin to sag.

5. Showing a little too much skinThere’s nothing like dressing up sexy every once in a while, especially for a night out. But like everything else in life, you need a balance. If you want to show off your legs with a mini dress or skirt, then choose a more covered top, and vice versa.

6. Wearing a trendy piece just because it went down a runwayAs much as I love and obsess over fashion, you would probably never see me in half of the things you see walking down major runway shows. Why? That’s because most of their pieces are not practical or part of my general style. If you see a trend you love, then go ahead and find a way to incorporate it into your style. Don’t just buy something you know you’ll only wear once because everyone else seems to be wearing it as well.

I hope these helped to shed light on some fashion mistakes you may have been making without realizing. Now take these new tips, and go out into the world to look and feel your very best! And as always, keep looking good!