This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Welcome back to a new school year, collegiettes! My name is Kelli Eichorn, and I’m honored and excited to be in charge of the Gator Glam blog this year. I’m a junior telecommunications major from Tampa, FL, and my favorite things include reading, writing, spending time with my family and friends, and, of course, being pampered.

Gator Glam is a blog dedicated to all things makeup, skin care, and beauty. From makeup tutorials and hair tips and tricks to the latest products on the market, I hope to bring insightful information to all of my readers while keeping them stylish and beautiful! Now that you know a little bit about me, I’d like to introduce you to one of my new favorite beauty secrets: Birchbox.

Over the summer, my eyes were opened to something I never dreamed would be possible: a makeup delivery service! Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends 4-5 deluxe samples right to your door based on your online profile for only $10 a month.

You can go online, fill out your contact information and what products you like (or don’t like!), and wait for your monthly present to yourself! If you like the products, you can go online to Birchbox.com and buy more of the product. You can also read reviews, rate products, watch videos from the product founders, and more.

This sounded like a dream come true to me, so I went around and asked people what they thought about their Birchboxes:

“I personally don’t have a positive impression of Birchbox. (I know… Shocking). It’s really fun getting a box full of beauty goodies each month, but I’ve never really found anything that I want to use. I’ve gotten at least five Birchboxes, and I’m pretty sure almost all of the products from them were thrown in a drawer, never to be seen again.” – Alyssa Fagien, public relations senior

“I definitely recommend Birchbox. It sends you so many products that normally you wouldn’t think about buying. I use Birchbox so I am able to try new health and beauty products without paying the expensive price, and it’s exciting to open the box not knowing what I am going to get. I found a great new hair product that I have continued buying. I now swear by it!” – Shelby Scott, economics senior

I may have received some mix reviews, but I encourage my readers to try Birchbox for themselves and keep coming back for new makeup and beauty tips!   

Hi, my name is Kelli Eichorn. This spring I am a fourth year Telecommunications major, specializing in Media and Society and minoring in Anthropology. I love reading and writing, and have a strong passion for both print and broadcast journalism, as well as social media and it's influence on society. My dream is to one day write for a major fashion magazine. This is my fourth semester being involved with Her Campus and I am so excited to be serving as a blogger for GatorGlam! GatorGlam is a blog about beauty, makeup, and skin care for the "Florida" girl. Some of my favorite things include spending time with my sorority sisters, going to the beach, naps, animals, and listening to music.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.