Gator Glam: 6 Items Every Collegiette Needs in Her Closet This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Fall is back and here to stay! Well, not forever of course. Even though the weather in Florida doesn’t drop to below zero degrees, the weather in Gainesville can get pretty chilly. I know all of my UF collegiettes can relate to the struggle of trying to find the perfect outfit that will keep you warm throughout those long days. There is a lot to keep in mind when searching for the perfect item to complete an outfit, but have no worries because I’m here to share six items every lady will need in her closet this season.

1. Floppy hats (Charlotte Russe: $19.99-$23.99)Floppy hats made their way into our hearts last fall and are slowly making their way back onto the scene this season, too. I adore floppy hats. These put the icing on the cake by topping off your outfit with a more fashionable look. Burgundy and black are more popular color choices in the fall. These felt toppers become a mainstay because they are trendy, fashionable and can definitely be your best friend on bad hair days. The best part about these hats is that they can be worn all year ‘round! Make sure to grab one this fall to top off your wardrobe.

2. Faux fitted leather jacket (Wet Seal: $18.99-$39.90)The leather jacket is a great statement piece that can be worn to add some edge to a simple look. It literally goes with anything and everything in your closet. Most importantly, it is a great wind breaker and can keep you warm during those chilly days. Although the traditional leather jacket is black, they also can be found in a variety of colors such as burgundy, gray and dark blue. Try pairing this jacket over a warm sweater or a simple long sleeve shirt for a lighter style. Set your own leather trend.

3.  Ankle boots (ShoeDazzle: 2 pairs for $39.95)Boots are the go-to shoe for the fall and are definitely a winter essential. These comfortable closed-toe shoes will definitely keep your feet warm as you dash around campus from class to class. However, they can make short legs look shorter and wide legs wider if worn incorrectly. My advice: Try wearing these ankle boots with a pair of high black tube socks to give your legs a more extended and sleek look.

4. White skinny jeans (Forever 21: $19.90)Who said wearing white after Labor Day was a crime? Break the rules with some white-wash jeans. They will automatically give your outfit a crisp, clean and classic look when you put them on. When it comes to wearing white in the fall, fabric is key, so look for materials that will keep you warm on your way to class. I would suggest shopping at Forever 21 for jeans like these, as the store is known to have a variety of white-wash jeans at affordable prices. The weight of the fabric will make a difference to take your outfit from simple to sensational.

5. Circle scarves (Cotton On: $14.95)Sometimes regular scarves get a little complicated — you have to figure out how to tie them on the correct way to make them fashion forward. Well, that’s where circle scarves come in. They are automatically styled in a circle so you don’t have to worry about how you want to style them for the day. They come in a variety of diverse styles and colors and they’ll keep you feeling warm and cozy all day long. Cotton On has great variety to choose from, so be sure to head over to Oaks Mall and pick a few up before the cutest options are sold out!

6. Dark lipstick (ULTA: $5.99)This is the perfect time to switch up your lipstick to a more fall-appropriate look. Putting on a darker lipstick can add a little sultriness to your everyday makeup. You can really boost your outfit for the day and have your classmates asking you where you got that pretty dark lip from. Go dark and turn some heads, collegiettes.

The steps to looking good this fall will no longer have to be an issue if you have these items in your closet this season. You won’t be stressed out about what to wear on those cold fall nights because you can step on campus with style and know you’ll be turning heads. These items not only make you stylish and fashionable, but they can also bring you a boosted sense of self-confidence. Start the fall season off right and remember — if you look good you feel good, and if you feel good, you do good. Happy shopping, ladies!