Gator Glam: 5 Essential Under-the-Radar Places to Shop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all have had an experience where we visited The Oaks Mall to do a little shopping and one of the following three outcomes occur while you’re there. First, you don’t see anything that is interesting enough. Second, you find the perfect pair of pants, but they are way out of your budget. Or third, you hesitate buying an item because you’re afraid you’ll see someone else rocking the same thing while partying at Midtown. Unfortunately, since Gainesville is a fairly small city, there aren’t too many places to shop that will decrease your chances of these outcomes. That’s why I am here to share some of my favorite places to shop to eliminate those unfortunate occurences. These places are convenient, have a wide range of clothing items and, most importantly, are very affordable.

Clothes:

1. SheIn(SheInside).comThis is an online store that is totally underrated. They boast high-quality clothes and fashionable accessories. Their target audience is women ages 18-35, so this is a great site for the ladies of UF who are looking for an item that no one else will have. With their wide variety of clothing items, you can shop ‘til you drop. Prices range from $6-$100, so you’ll be sure to find something that fits your budget and personal style.

2. Tobi.comThis is an online store based in California and is set on having the latest fashion at amazing prices. Their clothes are great quality, shipping is fast and returns are free. The great part is that you get 50 percent off if you are new to the website! How cool is that?

3. Ross/Burlington Coat FactoryThese two clothing stores are very similar to each other and you can go to both for an item of the same quality and similar prices. They have 65 stores around the world where you’ll find a large assortment of current high-quality designer and name-brand merchandise at up to 65 percent off department store prices. The good news is that there is one of each of these stores right here in Gainesville. So, if you haven’t already, go check these amazing stores out.

Makeup:

4. Jordana CosmeticsFor the Gator girl who loves makeup but cringes at the Mac and Sephora prices, Jordana Cosmetics is a great alternative. From long-lasting matte lipsticks to pigmented eye shadows, this site has it all. The best part is that prices range from $6 – $12.

Shoes:

5. ShoeDazzle.comShoe Dazzle created a way to spoil women who love fashion and lust after shoes. It’s an affordable website that caters to all trends and name-brand shoes. Whether you want to keep it classy with a stiletto heel or go bold with booties, they have everything your heart may desire. First timers get 50 percent off their purchase, so that’s even more incentive to check it out.

Style is a way of life and should always be fun. Today, millions of women get their personalized fashion fix from social media and the Internet with access to top trends, style inspiration and world-class service. Don’t limit yourself or stress out while in Gainesville because everyone always seems to have on the same outfit as you. These places can guarantee you a unique outfit that will have you looking fashionable and make you a trendsetter all over campus.

Photo credit: www.patch.com