Gator Glam: 4 Books Every Fashionista Should Have On Her Coffee Table

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Just like your class textbooks, books covering fashion and the people involved in making this industry thrive also have something to teach us. These are just some suggestions for those of us who love all things fashion and who can never get enough knowledge about an ever-changing industry. And maybe your friends can also learn a new trick or two the next time you set these out on your coffee table for all to see.

1. The Fashion Book by Editors of Phaidon PressThis is my personal bible and for good reason. This book is your guide into the world of fashion. It contains information on the most influential figures of fashion from past to present. These figures include designers like Lilly Pulitzer all the way to well-known photographer Bruce Weber. You’re definitely missing out if you don’t already own this book.

2. Lauren Conrad Style by Lauren ConradLauren Conrad has become a fashion icon for so many, so it only makes sense she has a book out to share her tips and tricks on achieving your own sense of style. Because of that, it’s perfect for those who are just starting to discover what their style is or those who already know how they like to dress and have something to reference back to. She even threw in a few helpful makeup tips for those also wishing to step up their beauty routine.

3. The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop and Live by Elle editors Joe Zee and Maggie BullockIf you love fashion and are obsessed with Elle magazine, then this is the perfect book for you. It gives readers a look at how celebrities like Lea Michele, Diane Von Furstenberg and Fergie create their own sense of style. You get a look at 25 different and unique senses of style and how they came to be from getting a peek into each celebrity’s home and personal inspiration board.

4. The Sartorialist by Scott SchumanThis is a book you’ll never get tired of flipping through. Schuman’s book is filled with street-style pictures taken in some of the most stylish cities in the world. It’s really nice to see how everyday people interpret style, and this book is one of the perfect places to look when you’re in need of an outfit idea. You can check out more of his photos on his blog, thesartorialist.com.

Were there any books I missed that you would suggest to a fellow fashionista? Let us know with a comments section down below! Happy reading, collegiettes, and keep looking good!

Photo credit: luellajune.com