Gainesville Great Eats: Super Bowl Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When it comes to Super Bowl Sunday, few would argue that you can slack on the essentials: great friends, great food and a great game. With the New York Giants and New England Patriots matchup just days away, have you finalized your plans on what you’ll be eating?

The event revolves around food as much as what happens on the field, so make sure you’ve got the perfect place to catch the game.

Swamp Restaurant
1642 W. University Ave.

HC Recommends: The great thing about Swamp, besides all the Gator memorabilia, is the gems you don’t see on other sport bar’s menus. The Asian Potstickers ($9) and the Spicy Tuna Bowl ($14) will give you a different taste of what you’ve come to expect as bar food. Not that there’s anything wrong with a great burger, which the restaurant provides perfectly with their Swamp “Pick-It” Fence Burger selections (starting at $9).

Mother’s Bar and Grill
1017 W. University Ave.

HC Recommends: When you’re at Mother’s, you can’t pass up the hot wings ($7.99) served with fresh carrots, celery and your choice of ranch or bleu cheese. If you can make it past a couple baskets of those fiery wings, there are also classics like Pat’s Hot Sloppy Joe ($5.99) and the Guinness Burger ($7.99).

Endzone
1209 W. University Ave.

HC Recommends: The Tailgate Party Wings ($7.95) for starters, followed by the Jumpin’ Jack’s Pulled Pork Sandwich ($8.95) or one of the Belly Buster Hot Dogs like the Philly Dog ($7.95) and the Towering Milky Way cake for dessert.

Gator City Sports Grill
1728 W. University Ave.

HC Recommends:  The Ultimate Gator City Nachos ($9.99) are a great way to start off the game, but don’t overlook the Fried Dill Pickles ($5.99) either. For those not counting calories, try the Bacon Cheeseburger ($8.49) or the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich ($8.99).