Four Eyes Chic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

They say people always want what they can’t have. Those with curly hair want straight hair. Girls with straight hair want curly hair. Girls with boyfriends want to be single, and girls who are single crave a relationship. And those with 20/20 vision are desperate for poor vision so that they can rock the new trend: glasses.

The fashion industry has embraced the four-eyed look, and the near-blind and their wannabees alike can flaunt their frames. For your fix on non-prescription frames, grab them at chain stores such as Claire’s, H&M and Urban Outfitters. Whether you have to wear them or want to wear them, here’s how to rock your spectacles.

The Everyday Look

A classic, thin-rimmed pair of eyeglasses is perfect for an everyday wearer. They’re trendy and aren’t too flashy.

The Get-Up-And-Go Look

These frames are perfect for that early morning class or final-exams week. Something about these scream, “You can tell I don’t wear glasses, but these look super adorable on me.”

The Hipster-Chic

You’ll reach instant city-style cool when you slip on a nice pair of plastic hipster glasses.  Thick-rimmed, black frames add funk and badass style to any ensemble. Rock it!

The Get-Down-To-Business Look

Give off the look of having above a 3.7 GPA, knowing insanely too much about Plato and Machiavelli and meaning business with rimless-bottom glasses. Now go on to being the young professional who wants to look serious (without looking seriously boring).

Karina Cuevas is currently enrolled as a freshman at the University of Florida, Class of 2014, as a Journalism and Political Science double-major and a German and Business Administration double-minor. Born in New York, she moved to Orlando, Florida with her family 6 years ago and is now residing in Gainesville, Florida, thus experiencing life in both urban and rural areas. When she isn't watching E!, obsessing over Gossip Girl, working part-time at Hollister, singing along to Taylor Swift's songs, shopping, or baking, Karina enjoys journaling, taking photos around campus, and spending time with her friends and family. Because she's interested in fashion, music and journalism, after college Karina hopes to move back to New York City and land a job at a prominent magazine. (Because magazines aren't dead.) ♥