Florida Players Actress Courtney Mims

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Courtney Mims
Age: 18
Year: freshman
Major: telecommunication on the news track

Her Campus: What is Florida Players?
Courtney Mims: “Florida Players is an organization that produces free shows on the UF campus. The range of shows that we do is all over the place from comedy to drama to musical. You name it, and we do it.”

HC: How did you get involved with Florida Players?
CM:  “I got involved with Florida Players because I heard about it within the School of Theatre and Dance here at UF, and I wanted to check it all out. I’m so glad I did go to that first meeting in room G14.”

HC: What have you done with Florida Players so far?
CM: “I actually got to perform in my first show with Florida Players this semester! It was The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), and it was one of the best shows I have ever been a part of. I played myself because in the show we have to play many parts and in between those parts we play ourselves.”

HC: What do you hope to do with Florida Players in the future?
CM: “I really hope that I can do many more shows with them in the future. I can’t wait to audition for the musical in the spring because my dancing shoes haven’t come out since the start of college!”

HC: What has been your favorite memory so far?
CM: “I’ve made so many great memories with Florida Players so far, but my favorite memory has to be when we had the mentor and mentee reveal, and I found out that I was a part of the ‘incredible’ family. It was a really great moment for me.”

HC: How do you feel when you perform on stage?
CM: “When I perform, I get a rush of exhilaration like nothing I’ve felt ever before. From the start of the show to the end, it feels like I’m on a roller coaster that never lets me stop screaming. It’s just such an adrenaline rush.”

HC: Anything else you’d like to add?
CM:  “I hope that all the readers out there will come out to the remaining Florida Players shows this semester, especially the musical next spring! It’s free and fun.”

Feel free to check out floridaplayers.org to stay in the loop with the latest shows!