Floral Fashion: How to Incorporate Spring Into Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Ah, springtime — the season of butterflies, lovers, allergies and most importantly, warmer weather. After the chilly winter, where we’re often stuck wearing the same hoodie over and over again, spring allows us a chance to finally show off our wardrobes. What better way to celebrate spring than with florals? Contrary to what one might think, florals have versatility in many styles. Here are some ways you can incorporate spring florals into your wardrobe.

Rock a boho vibe by bringing out bold print maxi dresses or long skirts paired with light colored tank tops. This look is made for a floral crown, so don’t be shy to embrace your inner Lana Del Ray and wear one. Sandals work best with this look. Accessorize with a long necklace and stacks of bracelets for a look that’s perfect for sitting on the grass and enjoying the sunshine.

For a look that’s a bit more preppy, try a shorter floral print dress. This outfit is sweet and stylish and is perfect for a lunch date. Pair it with a cardigan for the few moments in the morning when it’s cooler. Flats work well with this outfit, but if you’ve got some strappy sandals you want to show off, they’d work as well.

Floral isn’t just restricted to light and girly outfits. Wearing a floral pattern with boots adds a bit more edge to an outfit. If you’re the type of girl who’s not too keen on flowy skirts and dresses, but still want to add some flowers to your wardrobe, try pairing a floral tank with shorts and boots. If you really want to add some edge, invest in dark tights to wear under your shorts and add a dark lip for a look that says sleek and feminine but with a nice edge.

If you just want to add a touch of floral to your outfit, try looking for accessories with flower patterns. A floral print umbrella is so much cuter than just a regular black one, and you can even find sunglasses with a floral pattern on the frames! From phone cases to bows and leggings to belts, you’re sure to find the perfect accessory to tie in your look for spring. Celebrate the warmer weather and sunny days by showing off your spring side! Don’t be afraid to mix it up and try a look that you normally wouldn’t. Happy spring, collegiettes!

Petrana Radulovic is a senior studying English and Computer Science. She hopes to be a writer someday and live in the Pacific Northwest, where she will undoubtedly divide her time between sipping coffee at a local café and sipping coffee in her living room, working on her latest story. She enjoys singing when she thinks she’s the only person at home, obsessively watching America’s Next Top Model, and wearing all black no matter what the weather. In her future, she sees many cats and many books and many mugs. She is currently the Senior Editor for HerCampus UFL, but writes the occasional article because she can't help herself. This is her sixth semester with HerCampus.