Finals Week Fashionable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I’m sad to announce that finals week is among us, fellow collegiettes. And while I wish you fashionistas the best of luck with your exams this week, I know that this is usually a time when most of us are too busy cramming for exams to be putting effort into what we wear. Because of this, I was crazy happy to have run into Kate Gill looking like a million bucks and strutting her stuff on campus. Kate looked super chic yet simple as she paired a dark blue tank dress with a light-wash denim shirt and ankle-high gladiators. Keep reading to learn more about Kate’s awesome style! Remember to keep your heads up, collegiettes, and good luck with finals. We can do this!

Name: Katherine Anne Gill

Age: 19

Year: freshman

Major: education

Where is your outfit from? My dress is from Cotton On, my denim shirt is from Nordstrom, and my gladiators are from Steve Madden. As for my accessories, my watch and wallet are both Michael Kors, and my sunglasses are from Urban Outfitters.”

What do you look for when it comes to fashion? When it comes to fashion, I look for comfort and originality. I love mixing basic, affordable and staple pieces to make a cute put-together outfit. Also all the pieces from my outfits are super comfy; they’re just perfect for going to class and then grabbing lunch with some friends right after.”

What’s your biggest advice to fashionistas? “My biggest advice to fashionistas is don’t be afraid to try new styles. I know it sounds cliché, but it’s so true! Whenever I walk into a store I just grab a bunch of pieces that I like and try out different combinations. I’m also not afraid to try on something that I normally wouldn’t try on; I’ve done everything from preppy to rocker chic, and now I’m all about the casual, laid back look.”

Where do you like to shop? “I love shopping at Cotton On because the deals are amazing, considering we’re all working on that college budget. I also love to splurge sometimes at Nordstrom; you can get everything you need for an outfit all in one place, the staff is friendly, and the Topshop section is amazing!”

What are your favorite trends right now? “My favorite trends are the laid back comfy look. I’m also really into the Coachella boho chic look. I love flowy kimonos and rompers with gorgeous gold accessories.”

What are you currently obsessing about in your closet? “I’m currently obsessed with the tank dress I have on today! It’s so versatile! I can wear it with a blazer and flats for an interview, or by itself with some stilettos for a night out at Midtown. I love pieces that you can take from day to night!”