Fabulous Fall Workout Apparel: Looking Hot When It’s Not

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s getting chilly in Gainesville, and soon Nike shorts and frat tanks will have to be phased out of our workout wardrobes. Don’t fret, because the physique you have been working on doesn’t have to be hidden under bulky workout clothing. In fact, now is the time you can really spice up your workout with chic items for your hair down to your feet.

First, it is finally time to retire those old high school athletic team hoodie sweatshirts and upgrade to more sophisticated styles. For just popping into Southwest, try rocking the Adidas by Stella McCartney yoga organic hoodie. Not only is it on our wishlist because you can order it from Zappos and have it shipped right to your apartment, but it also shares some classic hoodie sweatshirt qualities such as the kangaroo pockets, loose fit, and hood. Same comfortable style, just a tad more mature! While you are checking out Adidas by Stella McCartney items, look at the bum bag in magic blue. A retro twist on a bulky gym bag, this revamped fanny pack has just enough room for your Gator1, keys, iPod, and cell.

If you prefer to enjoy the new winter chill by running outdoors, you definitely want to look into purchasing the Brisk Run Toque hat- another miracle delivered to exercise-loving fashionistas by Lululemon. This is not the usual winter athletic cap because it has a slot in the back for your hair so you do not have to sacrifice your ponytail in order to wear it.

Runner gals: You will get a kick out of “Rundies” and with their assistance you will have no problem keeping to a strict workout regimen. A teammate from high school discovered these gems from Oiselle. Remember when you used to match your underwear to the day of the week? Well these let you match your underwear to your workout day from fartlek runs to tempo runs.

Soon everyone in Gainesville will be wearing the standard black tight workout capri pants: Why not change it up with some of the bold, bright styles Nike has produced this year? Nike tights are definitely worth the money and can stand the test of time. They are something that you can wear and not tear. For girls on a stricter budget, Danskin Now at Wal-Mart has some really great pieces that you can incorporate into your workout wardrobe. Although these items are considerably less expensive, they are of good quality and can be worn throughout the whole cold season.

For intense workout days, add Thorlos socks into your foot wardrobe. From no show styles to over the calf styles, Thorlos are thick enough to prevent blistering and sweating, yet not too thick to impede your workout. However, it can be good to keep your workout fresh, so wear those embarrassingly pink high Betsey Johnson socks or the short Betsey Johnson socks with the unique designs. You will be impossible to miss, and who knows, your standout look could be just the thing to prompt a conversation between you and the cute guy working out near you! Lastly, no outfit in The Swamp would be complete without a splash of neon. this holiday season, pick up a pair of fluorescent running shoes for that extra punch of color!