The Evolution of a Crush, as Told by Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I don’t know about you, but usually when I daydream about romance, it’s in the style of a Disney movie. Nothing says happily ever after like a true Disney ending. From the first encounters with a prospective romantic partner to the final swoon-worthy moment, Disney can express it all. 

When you first notice that attractive person…

And you’re trying your best not to let it show.

But then at one point, they do something that’s just so irresistible.

You’re obsessing over the small things.

And all your friends are cheering you on.

And finally you make up your mind.

They say something cute to you, and when you try to go to sleep you keep thinking about it.

You try to flirt with them but it kind of ends up like this:

Your friends are always trying to get you two together.

When you finally get to hang out with them you want to look like this:

But you kind of just end up like this:

But then you finally start connecting…

And you can finally admit…

Here’s to hoping you get that happy ending!

Whatever your love life situation is at the moment, it can always be sparked up with a little Disney magic!

Petrana Radulovic is a senior studying English and Computer Science. She hopes to be a writer someday and live in the Pacific Northwest, where she will undoubtedly divide her time between sipping coffee at a local café and sipping coffee in her living room, working on her latest story. She enjoys singing when she thinks she’s the only person at home, obsessively watching America’s Next Top Model, and wearing all black no matter what the weather. In her future, she sees many cats and many books and many mugs. She is currently the Senior Editor for HerCampus UFL, but writes the occasional article because she can't help herself. This is her sixth semester with HerCampus.