Entertainment10: Renée Zellweger, Mama June & Taylor Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s time to dive into the world of entertainment news. This week was full of couples news as well as some surprise television show updates. Without further ado, here is your Entertainment10.

1. Renée Zellweger’s “different” look.  The Academy Award-winning actress sported her “new look” at Elle’s 21st annual Women in Hollywood event. Speculation about the star’s different appearance started almost immediately as the star walked the red carpet looking unrecognizable to some and vastly different from her Jerry Maguire and Bridget Jones’s Diary days. With so much chatter, Zellweger told People magazine, “I’m glad folks think I look different! I’m living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I’m thrilled that perhaps it shows.” She additionally said, “It seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn’t exist won’t get off my porch until I answer the door.” After looking at the photos of the star before and after, you be the judge — good doctors or lifestyle change?

2. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo canceled. TLC announced the once hit show’s cancellation Friday following allegations that June “Mama June” Shannon is dating Mark Anthony McDaniel, a convicted child molester who was just released after serving 10 years in prison for aggravated child molestation. However, to “set the record straight” about her alleged relationship, Shannon posted a video on her personal Facebook page saying, “Just got a phone call this morning from TLC, and as of right now, there will be no more production of the show… the statement of me dating a sex offender is totally untrue. Pumpkin has openly said that I did not — that I’m not dating him and also his son. I would not ever, ever, ever put my kids in danger. I love my kids too much.”

3. Zelda Williams gets tattoo in honor of father Robin Williams. Two months following the death of Robin, his daughter Zelda revealed a hummingbird tattoo placed above her father’s birthdate, “7.21.51,” on her right hand. Zelda got the ink at Hollywood’s “Shamrock Social” by tattoo artist Dr. Woo and posted on Instagram with the caption, “For poppo. Thank you to the incomparable @dr_woo_ssc for so beautifully bringing my reminders to life. I’ll always put my hand out to shake with a smile.”

4. Orlando Bloom speaks out about Selena Gomez dating rumors.  After being spotted together departing LAX Airport last week, rumors were flying that Gomez and Bloom were a little more than friends. However, at an airport on Wednesday, the Pirates of the Caribbean star spoke to photographers about his “relationship” with Gomez. “No man, we were just attending We Day together,” he said. “You heard of We Day? You should check it out.” The photographer then asked, “So not true then?” in regards to the pair being a couple to which Bloom responded, “No.”

5. Oscar de la Renta died at 82.  The legendary fashion designer passed away last week in his home in Kent, Conn. The respected designer’s cause of death is unknown; however, he was diagnosed with cancer in 2006 but said he was “totally clean” last year. De la Renta has clothed many honorable women including Oprah Winfrey, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jackie Kennedy, Nancy Reagan, Hillary Clinton and Kate Bosworth. The designer’s most recent design was Amal Alamuddin’s wedding dress when she married George Clooney.

6. Leakers gonna leak leak leak leak leak, Taylor Swift became the newest victim of the infamous album leak.A file called “albumsgonnaleakleakleakleakleak.rar” (seriously, that’s the name of the file) has hit the Internet with Swift’s newest and highly anticipated album 1989. The album, which hits stores today, leaked online last weekReportedly, some of the leaks could have stemmed from Target because six additional songs crafted exclusively for Target’s edition were also leaked. Swift’s leaked album is currently on an anonymous Tumblr page and is accessible to anyone who can get their hands on the password.

7. Tori Spelling shared a photo from a hospital bed after being briefly quarantined. The actress’s medical scare turned out to be bronchitis and a sinus infection, but from the starlet’s recent Instragram post, she’s learned a lot about life itself from her recent hospitalization. “This sick in hospital I finally see how quickly life can take it all away frm you. We all need 2 step up frm inside& go 4 it! W/our friends by our side. Sadly I’ve finally faced truth that 1 person will never be there 4 me #TrueTori.” The cryptic tweet comes on the heels of her televised marital troubles with husband Dean McDermott, who has admitted to infidelity. The star remains in the hospital receiving treatment for her ailments.

8. New Couple Alert: Sanaa Lathan and Tyrese Gibson? This possible budding romance between two leading actors was first spotted early last week as the two engaged in a private dinner with one another. Additionally, they looked like more than friends later in the week at The Cheesecake Factory. Lathan also posted a picture on Instagram showing off her jeans while in Gibson’s home. Could this duo be one of Hollywood’s next power couples? We’ll have to wait and see.

9. Olivia Munn received a special ring from Aaron Rodgers. During a recent profile in The New York Post, Munn displayed her vintage yellow-gold ring featuring a fairly large oval emerald. The ring, which was given to her by the Green Bay Packers quarterback, is said to have been just a gift. “This is a gift from my boyfriend, actually,” the Newsroom actress said. “I wore this for a premiere, and he had heard me talking to my stylist about being obsessed with it. It is such a special ring, and then he surprised me.” Before you get ahead of yourself, this ring is not an engagement ring, and after Munn realized what people might assume, she clarified that she is not engaged yet.

10. Kim Kardashian West had a birthday bash in Las Vegas at Tao nightclub.  As if like clockwork, Kardashian West made her way to Las Vegas this week to celebrate her 34th birthday. Kanye West and, of course, the usual Kardashian-Jenner entourage were in on the fun as well as Kim’s friends and employees. Herannual birthday bash comes on the heels of the reality star’s actual birthday, which is October 21. E! News reports the reality star and her husband spent part of her birthday week in Hawaii. “Kanye woke a ‘surprised’ Kim at 3 a.m. on her birthday with her bags packed,” a source exclusively revealed. Men, take note.

I hope you enjoyed catching up on the week’s entertainment news. See you next week with another inside look at the world of entertainment.

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.