Entertainment10: Paris Fashion Week, Amanda Bynes & Nick Jonas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Entertainment10 is back with your top entertainment news! This week was packed with DUIs, baby fever, fashion and exposure of a former boy band member’s abs. Before I reveal too much, here’s your Entertainment10.

1. Nick Jonas strips, and yes I said “strips,” for Flaunt magazine. The 22-year-old heartthrob is baring it all for the magazine’s “Grind Issue.” Jonas is seen on the cover “flaunting,” no pun intended, his rock-hard abs. The magazine also features a series of racy photos of the musician flashing his derrière, aggressively grabbing his man parts, and posing with his pants down. Although the photos alone could leave you speechless, it’s what Jonas says about his upcoming solo album that leaves you asking, Jonas Brothers who? “There are songs on my record that I want people to have sex to and songs people can listen to when they’re pissed off,” Jonas said.

2. Amanda Bynes and Michael Phelps have more in common than coming out of retirement. The two were also arrested within days of one another for driving under the influence. The She’s the Man actress was arrested Sunday morning, and the gold medalist was arrested Tuesday morning. The recent arrests for DUI marks No. 2 for both Phelps and Bynes. However, unlike Bynes, the swim star made a statement following his arrest by tweeting an apology to his 1.6 million followers. No word has come from Bynes following her arrest, but news broke that the once-retired actress was recently kicked out of fashion school. You may remember this is where Bynes has been spending her time since her estate had been in the conservatorship of her parents.

3. Big Brother 8’s winner, Evel Dick, reveals he’s HIV-positive. On the most recent episode of Couples Therapy, the former Big Brother star revealed why he left the 15th cycle of the hit show. Dick, whose real name is Dick Donato, explained he first learned he was HIV-positive while competing on Season 13 of Big Brother. The producers told him one HIV test came back positive and the other came back negative, Donato told People. Although the reality star said he is unsure of how he contracted the disease, he believes it happened after he had unprotected sex with a female.

Donato also told the magazine, “On one hand, I’m doing this for myself: I don’t want to hide anymore. On the other hand, I hope it will remind viewers to get tested, practice safe sex, all those things we know in the back of our minds but maybe don’t do. After I told everyone on Couples Therapy, I had two production people pull me aside and say that they had gotten tested. I feel like I can do some good.” 

4. After a visit to the dentist office allegedly turned violent, Charlie Sheen has found himself some legal issues. Female dental technician Margarita Palestino claimed Sheen committed assault, battery, sexual battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress during a dental office visit. Palestino filed said accusations in a complaint Friday. Along with accusing Sheen of physical abuse, Palestino also claimed she was threatened with a knife after Sheen ripped off the nitrous oxide mask she had placed on him. Sheen’s publicist previously told People the actor “had a bad reaction” to the gas administered at the dentist’s office and denied that a knife or illegal drugs were involved. 

5. Twilight fans can rejoice with new short films on the way.  The hit movie will be returning in five short films as Lionsgate teamed up with Facebook to revive the franchise’s characters. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson won’t be in the new films, but Stewart along with Kate Winslet, Octavia Spencer, Julie Bowen, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, director Catherine Hardwicke, producer Cathy Schulman and Frozen co-director Jennifer Lee will be choosing five up-and-coming female directors to direct the mini-movies titled “The Storytellers — New Creative Voices of “The Twilight Saga,” according to The New York Times.

6. George Clooney’s wedding photos were sold for charity. After what seemed to be the wedding weekend of every girl’s dreams, Clooney and his wife, Amal Alamuddin, sold their wedding photos to People and the British tabloid Hello! According to TMZ, “it was strictly an issue of which mag anted up the most. People won the North America market and Hello! conquered Europe.” Those sources also revealed the money would be going to several human rights charities. A source connected to Clooney told TMZ, “Every photo in both magazines will be saving a life.”

7. It’s baby fever in Hollywood. Actor Robert Downey, Jr. and his producer wife Susan announced they are expecting a baby girl. This will be the couple’s second child together. Zoe Saldana finally confirmed she’s expecting twins. The Colombiana star has been showing for months, and insider reports have speculated she and artist husband Marco Perego were having twins. When asked by E! News if she’d be dressing up for Halloween this year, Saldana said, “I might. I might need three costumes. I might have to make some adjustments, but it would be nice.” Former That ’70s Show co-stars Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher welcomed their daughter, Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher, on Tuesday. Kutcher released the child’s name on his website as well as photos of babies and animals asking his fans, “Can you guess which one is ours, or does it really matter? All babies are cute.”

8. Chris Brown has found himself under fire for violence once again. After a female fan tried to kiss the “Loyal” singer in Club Limelight in Houston, Brown was caught on camera shoving her away. The young lady, who goes by the name of Mandee, has since come out with a statement to TMZ saying, “I wasn’t trying to hurt him, I was just a drunk fan.” Mandee is reportedly uninjured but also revealed to TMZ that she is considering legal action.

9. Teresa and Joe Giudice were sentenced to prison.  The Real Housewives of New Jersey stars faced the music as U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas released the final verdict in the fraud case brought against them by the federal government last year. Teresa was sentenced to 15 months in prison while her husband was sentenced to 41. The judge said the couple would not serve their sentences at the same time for the sake of their four children. The verdict comes after the Giudices plead guilty to their different counts of fraud March in hopes of lighter sentencing. Additionally, the couple will have to pay some hefty restitution payments.

10. Paris Fashion Week comes to a close. PFW spring/summer 2015 featured collections by Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Givenchy, just to name a few, but it was the action occurring off the runway that made the most buzz. It was bye-bye mystery man and hello Justin Bieber as Kendall Jenner indulged in a private dinner with the pop star. Reports say it was nothing more than two friends having dinner, but it was not the last time these two were spotted together. Biebs and Jenner, along with some of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, were spotted at Carine Roitfeld’s CR Fashion Book release party. Also at this shindig was Justin’s on-and-off again girlfriend, Selena Gomez. But what put the cherry on top of an already awkward sundae was fashion model Miranda Kerr.

You might remember Bieber engaging in an “almost” physical altercation with Kerr’s ex Orlando Bloom this summer after reportedly claiming he slept with her. But before things got too awkward, Kerr and Gomez snapped a photo together. In more PFW photography news, the Biebs punched a photographer on the streets of Paris. Ciara was photo-bombed by a pants-less prankster — the same guy who attacked Kim Kardashian. PFW was filled with some drama, to say the least, but one of PFW’s highlights was thankfully on the catwalk. Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld staged a mock feminist protest featuring models Jenner, Cara Delevingne, Gisele Bündchen and Joan Smalls parading down the catwalk.

That’s all for this week collegiettes™. See you next week for another dose of juicy celebrity gossip!

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.