Entertainment10: Oscars, Emma Watson and Prince Harry, and Kylie and Tyga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Welcome back to Entertainment10! In E10 fashion, this week was jam-packed with, dare I say, some of the most entertaining news from Hollywood in quite some time. You know it’s a successful week when there’s a possibility of a new royal couple, endless Twitter/Instagram beefs, and of course, news from Hollywood’s biggest night! I won’t hold you up any longer. Here’s this week’s Entertainment10.

1.  And the Oscar goes to…. Hollywood’s biggest night finally takes place. The 87th Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars, took place Sunday night and was hosted by Neil Patrick Harris who kicked off the night in Harris fashion, with an entertaining song-and-dance number. The shows big winners were Birdman and Grand Budapest tying for a whopping four wins; however, it was Birdman who walked away with Best Picture. And in unique fashion, the night’s true stand out moments came from the Oscar winners who used their speeches for more than the usual thank yous and instead offered messages of hope and social awareness as well as heartbreaking revelations and even call to actions.  The Oscars additionally featured performances by Lady Gaga, Rita Ora, Lonely Island, Common, and John Legend. And when it comes to two of the most sought out awards of the night, Eddie Redmayne’s role as the physicist Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything won him the best actor; and Julianne Moore took home best actress for Still Alice.  

2. It’s the rumor of all rumors, and I am truly excited that it’s even a possibility. E10 usually steers clear of rumors; however, this juice was just too good to pass up. Oh, I’ll just spit it out; Emma Watson and Prince Harry are Hollywood’s newest rumored couple! While there is no confirmation (and there probably won’t be for a while, if it is true, which I am so hoping) Women’s Day reports that the two are having secret dates and are getting to know each other very well. It is also reported that Prince Harry sparked the relationship by sending an email saying that he would “like to get to know [Emma]” and he additionally invited her out. The notorious bachelor then threw a party with about 12 other friends for them to meet. Harry didn’t want her to feel like she was put on the spot,” an insider explained. “A party also shows he’s fun and not stuffy. He’s smitten – and it’s more than Emmas looks.”

3.  Stars can’t seem to get enough of social media battles, and Amber Rose and Khloe Kardashian definitely upped the ante after engaging in a major Twitter feud, which led to Kanye West getting involved. The drama started when Amber Rose appeared on the radio show The Breakfast Club, and slammed Tyga for dating Kylie Jenner. “[Kylie’s] a baby, she needs to go to bed at 7 o’clock and relax,” Rose said. “[Tyga] should be ashamed of himself… He has a beautiful woman and a baby and left that for a 16-year-old who just turned 17.” Big sister Khloe Kardashian then retaliated by tweeting, “I was a stripper since I was 15 years old,’ Amber Rose told Foxx. Please don’t worry about my sister who has a career & her shit (1).” Kardashian continued the tweets by saying “people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones (2),” and “Please stop talking about us in interviews mama. None of us talk about you.” The stripper comment though seemed to cause the most strife with the models as she then retaliated by tweeting “@khloekardashian I’ll be that lil whore to support my family like ur older sister is a whore 2 support hers. We’re even #MuvaGivesFacts.” The two continued to go back and forth with Rose even taking to Instagram with a few memes, and let’s just say creative photo captions about the Kardashian clan.

The Kardashian-West family is one that sticks together, even when it comes to celebrity beefs. Rapper Kanye West spoke to The Breakfast Club this week where he claimed “[Amber’s] just soaking in the moment… If Kim had dated me when I first wanted to be with her, there wouldn’t be an Amber Rose, you know what I’m saying.”  West didn’t stop there. He continued by saying, “By the way, it’s very hard for a woman to wanna be with someone that’s with Amber Rose. I had to take 30 showers before I got with Kim.” Rose didn’t take too kindly to the “30 showers comment” as she took to Twitter to defend herself by attacking West’s wife and a specific incident in her sex tape. Rose additionally tweeted “after all these years I never snitched on u and I don’t plan on starting now. We once loved each other so I won’t do u like that… I’ll leave that up to the Kartrashians to humiliate u when they’re done with u.”

4. Tyga and Kylie remain topics of conversations after Kanye speaks out on the rumored relationship. Denial, denial, denial. This has been the strategy of both Kylie Jenner and Tyga for the past few months when it comes to the two being more than friends. Most recently on the Breakfast Club Radio Show (everything seems to go down at this radio station) on Tuesday, the 25-year-old rapper reaffirmed that he and 17-year-old Jenner were just friends. However, when West hit up The Breakfast Club radio station, where he also trashed Amber Rose, he dropped a bomb about Jenner and Tyga saying, “I think they are in love. You can tell nobody, you can’t speak to nobody,” he said. While that portion of his interview was cut from the initially released taping, his un-edited comments were leaked online. Additionally, the rapper said, “I think [Tyga] got in early, I think he was smart. They are closer in age than a lot of relationships that I know. I knew Tyga was smart,” West said.  And as if to confuse us even more, Tyga took to Instagram posting a photo of Jenner with the caption “Your beauty never goes unnoticed. One of the best/dopest person in my life.”

5. Not so “flawless” photos surface of Queen Bey. Unretouched photos of Beyoncé were posted on the fansite The Beyoncé World earlier this week. The up close and personal shots of Beyoncé feature the star modeling for L’Oreal, however the close-ups show Bey with blemishes (something us mere mortals know about all too well) and facial imperfections. The photos sent the Internet into a tailspin. Specifically, Beyoncé’s swarm of fans were outraged, and some even sent death threats to the creator of the fan site, as reported by Entertainment Tonight. While the photos have gone viral since being posted on the site, Beyoncé’s Beyhive (her band of loyal fans) managed to get the photos removed from The Beyoncé World and an explanation of why the site posted the photos initially. “Due to the disdain of the Beyhive, we have removed the photos. We don’t want to cause any drama, nor do we wish to start fan wars. Some of the things we have seen posted were just horrible, and we don’t want any parts of it. We were just posting the photos to share the fact that our queen is naturally beautiful, at the same time she is just a regular woman.”

6. London Fashion Week picked up right where New York Fashion Week left off, opening its runways on Friday. This year, LFW is featuring new designs from nearly 80 designers, including English favorites, Vivienne Westwood, TopShop Unique and Burberry. Supermodel Naomi Campbell kicked off the LFW festivities with her Fashion for Relief show, which is a charity event held to raise money to combat Ebola. LFW was also met with unfortunate grief as shows were put on hold to remember the late Professor of fashion design, Louise Wilson. Wilson is known for tutoring some of the world’s top designers including Christopher Kane, Stella McCartney and the late Alexander McQueen just to name a few. Wilson’s memorial service also included guests Victoria Beckham and Kanye West as well as former students Simone Rocha and Donna Karan.

7. Brian Williams’ daughter, Allison Williams, speaks out for the first time following her father’s six-month suspension from NBC News.  Since acknowledging that he “exaggerated” about his coverage of the Iraq War, Brian Williams has been in hiding. However, in a sit-down Q & A with Seth Meyers, Williams’ daughter opened up to the talk show host about her father’s troubles saying, “One thing the experience has not done is shake my trust and belief in him as a man,” she said. “He’s a really good man. He’s an honest man. He’s a truthful man. He has so much integrity. He cares so much about journalism.” Additionally, the Peter Pan Live actress admitted that her wedding to fiancé Ricky Van Veen had been derailed in part due to her father’s scandal as well as her work. “You sort of think, ‘What could possibly come along that would make me not think about this?’ And then I get Peter Pan and I think, ‘Okay, I will think only about Neverland and then we’ll go back to planning our wedding,'” she said. “Then current events started happening, so that derailed it a little bit…”

8. Hollywood has its list of “bad boys,” and this week it added two more stars to the infamous list. First, it was Afroman who was arrested after punching a woman who was dancing on stage behind him while he was performing in Mississippi. The incident that was caught on tape shows Joseph Edgar Foreman, a.k.a Afroman, hitting the woman and continuing to play his guitar after the attack. Following his arrest, Afroman apologized for the incident, telling “TMZ Live” that he will be “enrolling in an anxiety foundation…” Moving from one arrest to another, “Ice Ice Baby” rapper, Vanilla Ice, was arrested and charged with breaking into and stealing from an abandoned home in Florida. Police say Ice, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, was renovating a home next to the abandoned home he allegedly stole from. The Police department additionally stated that the theft is connected to the rapper’s ongoing TV show, The Vanilla Ice Project, where he renovates and flips homes. The former rapper who has since been released on bail said, “[The situation is] just blown out of proportion…”

9. Iggy Azalea takes a break from social media. Social media and Iggy Azalea have had a rocky relationship for the past few months; with the star having a new beef via social media with a company, rapper or really anyone who seemed to speak against the star on an almost weekly basis. However, after countless Twitter “rants,” Azalea seemed to have had enough following a recent body-shaming incident. The “Fancy” singer was recently photographed in a bikini while vacationing in Hawaii that sparked Internet troll comments shaming Azalea for “having cellulite.” The Australian rapper then took to Twitter to express her disdain with the Internet writing, “Just got back from a great vacation, came online and saw apparently it’s shocking and unheard of to be a woman and have cellulite. Lol.” She additionally wrote, “I feel the hatred and pettiness i see online at all times is at making me become an angry person and I cannot be that.” Azalea then went on to tweet that her management would be running her accounts for now on.

10. An award season isn’t complete without honoring the years worst films. In usual fashion, the night before the Academy Awards the worst movies and performers of the previous year were honored for the 35th annual Razzies. Cameron Diaz won two Razzies for Worst Actress, for her performances in both The Other Woman and Sex Tape. However, the big “winner” of the night, well the winner of the most Razzies, was Growing Pains Kirk Cameron who won four awards, including Worst Picture and Worst Actor, for his film Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas. The Razzies additionally awarded their Redeemer Award to Ben Affleck for his progress from Gigli to Argo to Gone Girl.

Collegiettes, that completes another Entertainment10! See you next week as we celebrate the start of Spring Break! Thanks for reading!

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.