Welcome back for another semester, collegiettes. Entertainment10 is back and better than ever! The first E10 brings us news of the 2015 awards season, which has already booked Hollywood’s A-list celebrities’ social calendars. Nonetheless, stars have still managed to get in trouble with the law, become engaged and even visit the president himself, and that was in this week alone! So let’s kick off the first E10 of 2015 with nothing but the week’s hottest celeb news.
1. Award season is in full swing. Hollywood’s biggest night is quickly approaching... the Oscars, that is. This week, the 87th Academy Award nominations were finally announced. Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel led the pack with nine Oscar nominations each, followed by The Imitation Game with eight. Neil Patrick Harris will host this year’s show, which will air on ABC on Feb. 22.
2. Hollywood continues its streak of award shows as the 20th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards was held on Thursday. Boyhood was the film to beat, as it won some of the night's most recognizable awards, with Patricia Arquette winning best supporting actress and Richard Linklater winning best director. While several of the night’s biggest awards were handed to Boyhood, Birdman was also a huge winner, winning seven awards including best actor for Michael Keaton and best original screenplay. The award show also honored Kevin Costner, who accepted his lifetime achievement award, Ron Howard, who took home the Critics' Choice LOUIS XII Genius Award, and Jessica Chastain, who was awarded the first-ever MVP award.
3. #FREEBREEZY! Chris Brown’s probation was revoked again following a club shooting where five people were shot and wounded. The “Loyal” singer’s probation was revoked during an in-court progress report Thursday. According to TMZ, the probation report additionally cited concern regarding another shooting in which Chris was performing at 1OAK in Los Angeles last August where several people were shot, including hip hop star Suge Knight. While the judge overseeing Brown's case didn't order him into custody, Brown will have a hearing on Mar. 20 to determine his progress.
4. Jennifer Aniston speaks on Angelina Jolie. Cake star Jennifer Aniston seems to be so over her ex Brad Pitt as well as the woman who is rumored to have broken up their relationship, Angelina Jolie. She wants the public to move on like she has. Aniston told to Entertainment Tonight, "I think that's slowly coming to an end. I really do," in regards to their rumored rivalry. "I mean, that movie [Unbroken, a film Angelina directed] is so beautiful and wonderful and she did such a gorgeous job. I think that it's time people stop with that petty B.S. and just start celebrating great work and stop with the petty kind of silliness."
5. President Barack Obama hosted a Selma screening on Friday at the White House. The POTUS held a private screening of the Oscar-nominated film at his home with some of the film’s cast and crew. The celebrity-filled movie night included guests Common, Oprah Winfrey, David Oyelowo, Carmen Ejogo and the film’s director, Ava DuVernay. The President’s screening comes after many critics slammed the Academy Awards for its two nominations of the film Selma.
6. With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, love is definitely in the air for Hollywood couples. After six months of dating, Vampire Diaries actor Ian Somerhalder and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are getting hitched. Following the engagement trend, Usher and his longtime partner Grace Miguel are also tying the knot. Rounding out the list of celebs who are soon to be off the market is Dancing With the Stars Karina Smirnoff, whose beau, Jason Adelman, put a ring on it by asking the dancing star to marry him.
7. Naya Rivera showers every how many days? The Glee star admitted while guest hosting on The View that she showers every three days. While that would have been headline worthy alone, the star cited her ethnicity as her reasoning behind her shower schedule, or lack thereof, causing quite the uproar. "I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnic... I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing," Rivera stated. The star faced immediate backlash, causing her to apologize the following day when she returned to guest host The View.
8. Justin Bieber’s “package” is real (and yes, it was in question... at least on Instagram). After much speculation and Photoshop allegations following his nearly nude Calvin Klein photo shoot, Bieber attempted to set the record straight addressing haters and fans alike. In a picture he posted on Instagram, Bieber can be seen wearing nothing but a towel displaying his questioned “goods,” captioning the photo, “Photoshop lol.” The singer is seen shirtless and seemingly carefree in the Instagram post shutting down rumors that he doesn’t have a hot bod.
9. “Skinnygirl Marijuana,” the pot made for a guilt-free experience. While that statement may seem like ramblings during a weed session, “Skinnygirl Marijuana” is actually a product in development by Real Housewives of New York City’s Bethenny Frankel. The reality star and entrepreneur is developing a new type of pot created to eliminate the “munchies” that follow after the use of marijuana. The line of marijuana is said to launch in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington, where recreational use of cannabis is legal.
10. Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler end up behind bars together? In court, documents that were released Friday revealed the divorced couple were found to have been detained by police last month after making death threats to each other. The previous Meet the Barkers stars, who still live with one another despite having divorced in 2008, are reported to have been fighting over reality TV and their children’s involvement when the fight between the two broke out. Moakler reports in her declaration that Barker told her, "All you're good at is sucking d--k" and "If I could, I'd put a bullet in your head." Once Moakler called the police, the previous beauty queen said when the cops arrived, Barker told the cops that she threatened to have her boyfriend come over and beat him up. The two were then taken into custody and interviewed by the Department of Children and Families. An investigation by the DCF is reportedly still ongoing.
Well collegiettes, that wraps up another Entertainment10. Thanks for reading, and see you next week!