Entertainment10: The Grammys, Bobbi Kristina and Kerry Washington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Hollywood is busy, which makes for another exciting Entertainment10! E10 is back with more celeb buzz featuring news from the Grammys, NAACP Image Awards and the usual celeb lifestyle gossip.

1. Music’s biggest night lived up to its name by honoring the music industry’s hottest artists, songwriters and producers. The 57th Grammy Awards were held Sunday with Sam Smith owning the night and winning four awards, three of them in major categories: Best New Artist, Song of the Year and Record of the Year for his hit “Stay With Me.” Stars like Beyoncé and Pharrell Williams weren’t far behind though, both ending the night winning three Grammys a piece. The night was additionally jam-packed with 23 performances! One that was most memorable was Sia’s performance of her hit song “Chandelier.” The singer-songwriter enlisted the help of Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler as well as actress Kristen Wiig to contribute to her Grammys performance. President Obama also got in on the Grammy action by giving a public service announcement about domestic violence via video message before a testimony from domestic abuse survivor Brooke Axtell and Katy Perry’s performance of “By the Grace of God.” Beyoncé closed out the show with “Take My Hand Precious Lord” as a group of male background performers held up their hands in a “hands up, don’t shoot” pose. Queen Bey’s performance introduced and segued into John Legend and Common’s “Glory,” which featured clips from the Oscar-nominated Selma. Finally one of the standout moments of the night came from none other than Kanye West. Not only did he perform on the Grammy stage for the first time in six years, but West also graced the stage twice in one night. However in Yeezy fashion, his most memorable moment came when he faked going up to the stage, an almost Taylor Swift VMA’s reenactment, after singer Beck surprisingly won Album of the Year. To view the full list of the show’s winners, click here.

2. Bobbi Kristina Brown update. As Bobbi Kristina continues to fight for her life in Emory University Hospital, investigators are now focusing on Brown’s boyfriend, Nick Gordon, after she was found facedown in a tub of water. CNN also reports that Brown has injuries that need explanation. She was found unresponsive in her Atlanta, Georgia home on January 31st. Since Brown’s hospitalization, details of her condition have been scarce; however, People magazine reports that Brown remains unconscious and unresponsive. Family and friends remain at Brown’s side; Tyler Perry recently made a trip to Atlanta to visit Brown as well.

3. Kerry Washington’s InStyle magazine cover is under fire. Following the release of InStyle’s March 2015 cover with Scandal’s leading lady, the magazine faced allegations that Washington’s skin color had been lightened. With fans questioning the magazine, InStyle released a statement addressing the claims, saying, “…We have heard from those who have spoken out about our newsstand cover photograph, concerned that Kerry’s skin tone was lightened. While we did not digitally lighten Kerry’s skin tone, our cover lighting has likely contributed to this concern. We understand that this has resulted in disappointment and hurt. We are listening, and the feedback has been valuable. We are committed to ensuring that this experience has a positive influence on the ways in which we present all women going forward.” Washington then responded to InStyle’s statement on Twitter, writing, “Beautiful statement. Thank u 4 opening this convo. Its an important 1 that needs to be had.”

4. The 46th NAACP Image Awards were held in Pasadena, California on Friday. The awards show, which honors the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in entertainment–television, film, music and literature–celebrated some of Hollywood’s biggest stars.  The show was hosted by funny man Anthony Anderson, who also won Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series for his role on ABC’s Black-ish. The big winner of the night though was the film Selma, winning both Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for David Oyelowo and Outstanding Motion Picture. The NAACP additionally honored Taraji P. Henson with its Entertainer of the Year Award. The show’s full list of winners can be found on the NAACP Image Awards’  website.

5. Sony Exec Amy Pascal is stepping down following Sony’s email hacking scandal. The co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment and chairman of the Motion Picture Group will be leaving her position months after Sony’s infamous cyber hack. You may remember that Pascal and other Sony execs came under fire last year after emails were revealed showing the execs talking negatively about Hollywood stars and even President Obama. Pascal has since apologized, and Deadline reports that she will be moving on by starting her own production studio.

6. To the left, to the left. Beyoncé is making a move out west. TMZ reports that the “Flawless” singer and her family are currently living in a hotel in Beverly Hills and looking for a home in Los Angeles. The gossip site also reports that Beyoncé and Jay Z have enrolled Blue Ivy into an elite private school at which tuition costs $15,080 a year. While the cause of the famous family’s move from New York City to L.A. is uncertain, sources say Jay and Bey want “a change in lifestyle.”

7. It was a Saved by the Bell fan’s dream as the cast reunited with the help of Jimmy Fallon. Bayside High welcomed a new student, Fallon, along with a few alumni as The Tonight Show host staged a Saved by the Bell reunion. Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack), Mario Lopez (Slater), Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie), Tiffani Thiessen (Kelly) and Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding) united in an epic skit where the stars stepped back into the ‘90s.  Fallon joined the original cast for the eight-minute sketch; however, two of Bayside High’s most memorable stars were MIA: Lark Voorhies (Lisa) and Dustin Diamond (Screech). Voorhies’ publicist released a statement on her absence, saying, “Lark would have loved to be part of the Jimmy Fallon skit (as she is a big fan of the show), however, due to an intense work schedule, she was not available.” Diamond has yet to release a statement regarding his absence; however, the appearance would have come nearly two months after the actor pleaded not guilty to stabbing a man.

8. A week in the entertainment world isn’t complete without some Kardashian-Jenner news, and this week was full of it! Kim Kardashian West made headlines yet again for her nude body in the latest issue of Love magazine. The magazine features shots of the reality star’s bare derriere as well as two full frontal photos. Kardashian West also opened up in the magazine about her sex tape with Ray J, saying, “If I do have one regret in life that’s it.” She topped off the week by revealing a new short haircut, called a “lob” (long bob), to kick off Grammy weekend.

In Jenner news, Kylie Jenner also sported two new hairdos this week. The youngest Jenner started off the week by Instagramming a picture of her as a blonde, and just days later, she posted another Instagram picture, but this time sporting dreads. The blond look seems to be for her new Love magazine spread (yes, Love magazine is making it a family affair featuring Kim, Kylie and Kendall) where the 17-year-old is pictured showing off a lot of leg. The Jenner news doesn’t end there, though. Bruce Jenner was involved in a scary car accident along with eight other people, which tragically left one person dead. The accident, which occurred in Malibu on Saturday, is still being investigated by police. However, TMZ reports that it has already been determined that Jenner was not speeding, and he volunteered to go to the hospital to have his blood drawn for blood alcohol testing.

9. The 2015 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue features its first plus size model. Ashley Graham has become SI’s first full-figured model in a plus-size swimwear ad. “I know my curves are sexy and I want everyone else to know that theirs are too,” said the size-16 model in a statement about her campaign for swimsuitsforall. “There is no reason to hide and every reason to flaunt.” Both Graham and the swimwear brand plan to launch a social media campaign, #CurvesinBikinis, to celebrate curvy girls.

10.  Marriage, babies and splits seem to be the pattern of today’s Hollywood couples, and this this week featured all of the above. Johnny Depp and Amber Heard got married in a private ceremony at their Los Angeles home. Riley Keough, actress and granddaughter of Elvis Presley, and longtime boyfriend Ben Smith-Petersen also tied the knot. In Hollywood baby news, The Today Show’s Jenna Wolfe welcomed a baby girl with partner Stephanie Gosk. And in sad couples news, Rosie O’Donnell and her wife, Michelle Rounds, have split after a little over two years of marriage. The split was also accompanied with O’Donnell’s decision to leave The View.

That completes another Entertainment10. See you next week as we countdown to Hollywood’s biggest night, the Oscars! Thanks for reading, collegiettes!

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.