Entertainment10: Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner & Kim Richards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

“Oh My Gosh” is the only phrase that could summarize this week in pop culture. As a reality star confesses to being transgender, a Jenner deals with baby mama drama, and a Housewife heads to rehab, this week was one for the record books, and those were just the first three stories of the week! But before I hop right into the juicy stuff, I want to thank you all for reading Entertainment10 week after week. As this final post marks the end of the school year, it also marks my last post as your E10 blogger. So thank you all for the support. I really appreciate it! Now get to reading!

1. Bruce Jenner’s sit down interview with Diane Sawyer. The two-hour eye-opening interview began with Jenner admitting that he is a woman, symbolically removing the ponytail he has worn for so long by letting his hair down. The interview then transitioned to him discussing his childhood struggles with gender identity and looking back on his time as an Olympian. It additionally featured Jenner opening up about his former marriages and being caught dressing in women’s clothes by family members. Jenner also discussed what he called the hardest and scariest part about his process, which was talking to his children about his transition. Jenner even admitted that he initially started his transition back in the ‘80s but changed his mind due to his kids; Jenner also said that out of all of his children, Kim Kardashian West has been the most understanding, while Khloe Kardashian has taken it the hardest. Another surprise confession came when Jenner told Sawyer that when he went on trips alone, he would often leave his hotel dressed as a woman. The interview ended with Jenner confirming his attraction to women and looking forward to his future life, finally living as who he has always dreamt of being.

2. Kylie Jenner’s baby mama drama. Blac Chyna drew an even thicker line in the sand as Tyga’s baby mama posted a jab at her ex’s rumored 17-year-old girlfriend Kylie Jenner. The stripper turned businesswoman posted a photo mocking Jenner’s plumped lips by wearing large Wack-O-Wax fake lips. The shade didn’t stop there as Chyna wasted no time returning to social media to post snapshots of alleged texts from Tyga that suggested he wanted her back. One of the alleged messages from Tyga stated, “I want to be with you. I want to be positive. I want to be a family again. I want to start this friendship. Relationship.” While the legitimacy of the texts has yet to be determined, Tyga took to Twitter to indirectly comment on the incident, tweeting, “I ain’t here for the tea…Focus on what’s real in life. And surround yourself with people that you really care about. its simple.” Jenner got in on the Twitter defense by tweeting, “I don’t have the time for people who bring and create so much negativity in their life. I can only pray for them.” She continued in a second tweet, “There’s bigger things than that!!! Spread love! We are all battling something.”

3. Kim Richards checks into rehab. Less than two weeks after being arrested for public intoxication and days after her heated interview with Dr. Phil (which is scheduled to air April 28), Richards has entered a rehab facility. “Kim went to rehab finally because she got arrested, she humiliated her kids and she wants to avoid jail,” a source told People. Richards has had a history of alcoholism that has been documented on the reality show, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

4. The Kylie Jenner lip challenge. Kylie Jenner’s plump lips have caused quite the stir, as fans are now artificially plumping their lips and crediting the reality star for doing so by posting pictures of their new lips with the hashtag #KylieJennerChallenge. The challenge has injured many people because it consists of people putting their lips into shot glasses and sucking the air inside of the glass. With many injuries now reported, Jenner took to Twitter to speak about the challenge. “I’m not here to try & encourage people/young girls to look like me or to think this is the way they should look,” the 17-year-old tweeted. She added, “I want to encourage people/young girls like me to be YOURSELF & not be afraid to experiment w your look.”

5. Full House is actually coming back! The ‘80s hit show is being revived as Fuller House and is coming to Netflix. “Have mercy!” (I just couldn’t resist a Jesse reference.) The show will center on D.J. Tanner, played by the original actress Candace Cameron, who is now D.J. Tanner-Fuller, a pregnant and recently widowed mother of two living in San Francisco. Stephanie Tanner, played by original actress Jodie Sweetin, and Kimmy Gibbler, played by original actress Andrea Barber, will also be a part of the show as they both move in to help take care of D.J. and her two boys. John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) will produce the show and is even expected to guest star, while Bob Saget (Danny Tanner), Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (Michelle Tanner), Dave Coulier (Joey Gladstone) and Lori Loughlin (Rebecca Katsopolis) are all rumored to return to the show.

6. Kris Humphries can’t seem to leave the Kardashian-Jenner clan alone. While many celebs have been supporting Bruce Jenner since his 20/20 interview, Kim Kardashian’s ex-husband seemed to be one of the few not applauding Jenner for his “bravery” in opening up about being transgender. Following Jenner’s interview with Diane Sawyer, Humphries tweeted, “Man, I’m glad I got out when I did. #Gottadoyou.” After outraging many fans, Humphries clarified himself and apologized for his seemingly offensive tweet. “I have and always will support Bruce hence #Gottadoyou. Now recognize I was too vague and sincerely apologize for the way this came across,” the 30-year-old basketball player tweeted, also adding “#FullySupportBruce.”

7. Sandra Bullock is honored for her beauty. Bullock does more than just play a knockout on the big screen; she’s actually one in real life, gracing the cover girl of People as 2015’s Most Beautiful Woman. The 50-year-old actress was also joined on the coveted list by Ariana Grande, Laverne Cox, Taraji P. Henson, Gigi Hadid, Vanessa Hudgens, Gabrielle Union and many more beautiful ladies of Hollywood. People’s cover girl, who is no stranger to the magazine’s “Most Beautiful” list, made sure to explain what beauty means to her. “Real beauty is quiet. Especially in this town, it’s just so hard not to say, ‘Oh, I need to look like that,’” Bullock said. “No, be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they’re in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren’t trying.”

8. The White House Correspondence Dinner. The 101st Annual White House Correspondence Dinner, where politics and journalism clashes with the entertainment industry, took place this week, as some of Hollywood’s top stars traveled to Washington, D.C. to have dinner with the President and celebrate excellence in reporting. Some stars on this year’s guest list included Michael Kelly, Chrissy Teigen, Bradley Cooper, Naya Rivera, Lucy Liu, Jane Fonda, Laverne Cox and Chanel Iman. The night was hosted by Cecily Strong from Saturday Night Live and featured jokes from President Obama.

9. The latest Hollywood break-up report. After photos of Patrick Schwarzenegger with another woman surfaced last month, Schwarzenegger and Miley Cyrus have reportedly gone their separate ways. The young couple has separated after only five months of dating. Another A-list couple calling it quits is Ariana Grande and Big Sean. After eight months of dating, “they made the decision to part ways because their conflicting touring schedules would keep them apart over the next year,” a source told Us Weekly.

10. The exit of all television exits. Spoiler alert! Grey’s Anatomy’s McDreamy is “dead and gone,” and our hearts are totally broken. Many are still reeling from the shocking death of Dr. Shepherd, who was killed trying to help victims of a car crash. McDreamy’s heartbreaking final scene featured Meredith sitting beside her husband as they are about to take him off life support, and it flashes to a montage of the couple’s most memorable scenes. Patrick Dempsey, who has played Derek Shepherd and captured our hearts for 11 seasons, tweeted, “I want to thank all the fans, what an incredible 11 yrs, I love you all.” Rest in Peace McDreamy, you will be missed.

That not only completes this week’s Entertainment10 but also my final E10. I have enjoyed these last two semesters as your E10 blogger, and I want to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to read my posts week after week. It has truly meant the world to me! Thank you again, and happy graduation to my fellow graduates! Get ready, world, because the class of 2015 is on the way! XOXO -Lauren (@LaurenEvaMarie on Twitter!).

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!