Entertainment10: Amal Clooney, Paris Fashion Week and Nick Gordon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spring Break may be over, but the fun doesn’t have to stop! Stay entertained with this week’s Entertainment10. After a week-long break, E10 is back with the week’s hottest celebrity news, so without further ado, here’s your Entertainment10.

1. Clooney joins Columbia University faculty; Amal Clooney, that is. Columbia University announced Friday that George Clooney’s new wife will lecture on human rights law at Columbia Law School this spring as a visitor to the faculty and as a senior fellow with the law school’s Human Rights Institute. This becomes another addition to Clooney’s already distinguished resume as the human rights and international lawyer has represented WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, in his extradition proceedings; helped win the release of former Ukrainian Prime Minister, Yulia Tymoshenko, from illegal detention; and even served as counsel to the United Nations in their inquiry into the use of armed drones. Even with such accomplishments, the NYU law school grad has now found the time to add professor to her resume. “It is an honor to be invited as a visiting professor at Columbia Law School alongside such a distinguished faculty and talented student pool,” Clooney said in a statement. “I look forward to getting to know the next generation of human rights advocates studying here.” Amal’s husband, George Clooney, is currently making a movie in New York, Money Monster, with co-star Julia Roberts.

2. Paris Fashion Week began! The start of Paris Fashion Week means the invasion of the world’s most fashionable celebs to the streets of Paris. Stars like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland, Kanye West, Lorde and many more have flocked to the city of love to view designers’ new collections. However, it was Kim Kardashian West’s not one—but two—drastic hair changes that took center stage during PFW. After hiding her hair under a skully while traveling to the city, she reveled a platinum blond look as she headed to Balmain’s PFW show. The reality star didn’t stop there though; later in the week she went from having platinum blond tresses to white ones, wearing the new style to her husband’s concert at The Louis Vuitton Foundation/Frank Gehry Museum.

3. Nick Gordon checked into rehab. Bobbi Kristina’s boyfriend checked into rehab for drugs following a sit-down interview with Dr. Phil. During the interview, which is set to air on CBS on March 11, Gordon confessed to struggling with his inner demons and contemplating suicide. The Dr. Phil Show episode also features an interview with Gordon and his mother, Michelle, as well as Gordon professing his “hatred” for Bobby Brown, whom he has been in a public feud with because he has not being able to see Bobbi Kristina since her hospitalization. Gordon’s girlfriend, Bobbi Kristina Brown, remains in a medically induced coma after being discovered face-down in a bathtub on Jan. 31.

4. Chris Brown is a dad?! The “Loyal” singer is reportedly a father to a nine-month-old baby girl named Royalty, from a 31-year-old Texas model named Nia, according to TMZ. The announcement came not only as a surprise to the world but also to the 25-year-old singer’s model girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, who reportedly found out about the baby news around the same time as the public. Tran, who is best known for her on- and off-again relationship with Breezy, seemingly broke up with Brown once again after news broke about his alleged child. “Listen. One can only take so much. The best of luck to Chris and his family. No baby drama for me…,” Tran tweeted. Brown and his baby’s mother Nia are reportedly friends, buy the two are not romantically involved.

5. Harrison Ford was injured in plane crash. It was a scene out a movie as one of Hollywood’s stars crash-landed his World War II-era plane on a Los Angeles golf course. However, this landing was far from scripted fiction, as Ford suffered multiple injuries. The Indiana Jones star, who is an experienced pilot, radioed that the single engine of his plane stopped working after taking off from Santa Monica Municipal Airport. He was en route to return to the airport and was unable to reach the airport before crash landing on Penmar Golf Course. Ford’s publicist has since come out with a statement, saying Ford’s injuries were “not life-threatening, and he is expected to make a full recovery.” Ford’s son Ben also tweeted about his father’s condition, writing, “Dad is ok. Battered, but ok! He is every bit the man you would think he is. He is an incredibly strong man.”

6. Iggy Azalea quit another social media site. After saying bye-bye to Twitter, Australian rapper Iggy Azalea has also left Instagram. The singer’s exit from the social media site comes after she shared a photo of her in her home taken by paparazzi. The singer accompanied the photo with a caption calling out the paparazzi for invading her privacy. “This is me standing in front of my home, which has a 6ft high blacked out fence around it,” she wrote. “No one should be made to feel like their own home is a prison because even your garden may be grounds for a photoshoot. I really just want to urge my fans to be aware of what you ar enabling when posting these pictures. It is illegal to post images of someone in their home or property with a long range camera. I’m asking in the niceest way possible to please think twice about that. You’re home is supposed to be your place of peace. I just want mine to be that too same as everyone else.”

7. Justin Bieber’s Comedy Central roast line-up was announced. Justin Bieber’s highly anticipated comedy roast is quickly approaching, and the show’s line-up has finally been revealed. The line-up includes Martha Stewart, Shaquille O’Neal, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, comedians Chris D’Elia and Hannibal Buress and staple roasters Jeffrey Ross and Natasha Leggero. Despite Bieber’s pleas for Seth Rogen to participate in the roast, the comedian will not be attending. Bieber‘s Comedy Central roast is set to air on Monday, March 30.

8. Kelly Clarkson continues to be fat-shamed by British journalist. After attacking the singer in hateful tweets back in February, Katie Hopkins continued her tirade about Kelly Clarkson’s weight in a follow-up interview with Access Hollywood. “Jesus, what happened to Kelly Clarkson? Did she eat all of her backing singers?” Hopkins wrote back in February. “Look chubsters, Kelly Clarkson had a baby a year ago. That is no longer baby weight. That is carrot cake weight. Get over yourselves.” In her interview with Access Hollywood this week Hopkins laughed about her previous comments, saying, “There is no such thing as fat-shaming…There is only skinny-blaming… It doesn’t hurt me if I hurt someone’s feelings. Ultimately if you put yourself out there, if you’re in the media, if you’re in the public eye, then you have to accept what comes your way,” she said. “That’s not bullying, that’s a great line,” she added regarding her previous tweets. “Ultimately, Twitter is about finding the fun and Kelly Clarkson does look a bit like she ate her backing singers. I would suggest that when she took eating for two and she decided to eat for 10. If you can’t find the fun in that, then more pity on you.”

9. LeAnn Rimes’ ex-husband opens up about her 2009 affair with Eddie Cibrian. In an interview with Nat’s Next Adventure, Dean Sheremet spoke about his ex-wife’s current husband and his first encounters with Cibrian. “I just remember being like, ‘Oh, God, just another one of those Hollywood pretty boys.’ If you’re in a room with him, he’s probably one of the most charming people you’ll ever meet. But I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw this f–king table. He just felt like one of those guys from the beginning. A total schmoozer. Very Hollywood. I never bought his shtick. But I wasn’t worried.” Sheremet also opened up about when he first noticed that the two were more than friends. “There was this bar that everyone hung out at after set and I remember coming down the stairs and seeing the two of them shooting pool together. I could just tell by the body language that everything had changed. She’s shooting pool, shooting tequila, in a tight tank, tight jeans, over the knee boots and she’s standing across from him, playing with the pool cue. All of a sudden, there was a huge shift. My stomach dropped. I literally felt like I got hit,” he said.

10. Naya Rivera’s baby bump makes its debut. A few weeks after announcing that she and husband Ryan Dorsey were expecting, actress Naya Rivera was photographed sporting a little baby bump while leaving a business meeting in Hollywood on Friday. Rivera announced that she and her hubby were having a baby back in February via her website. However it was her cute posts on Instagram that featured a pic of a “bun in the oven” and posts of herself and Dorsey as kids that left even the hardest of hearts melting. The Glee star said “I do” to Dorsey in a secret ceremony in Cabo San Lucas on July 14, 2014.

That completes another Entertainment10. Thanks for reading, collegiettes. I’ll catch you back here next week with some more juicy, shocking celeb news.

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!