Entertainment Ten: Obama, Drake Bell and Frank Ocean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Welcome back! Spring break is almost here, and we can definitely make it through the next couple of weeks. So sit down and chill out, it’s time for some entertainment!

1. The French press thinks President Obama and Beyoncé are having an affair. This is definitely one of my favorite wacky stories. Pascal Rostain, a French photographer, believed POTUS was having an affair with Queen Bey and thought the story would run in the Washington Post. Power couple status! But actually, it’s all untrue.

2. The lead has been cast for the How I Met Your Mother spin-off. Greta Gerwig, a writer/director/actress of independent films, has signed on as the lead and producer of How I Met Your Dad. Gerwig has also been seen in No Strings Attached and Arthur.

3. Will Ferrell is creating a female-driven division of his film company. The company is going to focus on creating female-led movies and has already released the 2012 indie film Bachelorette, with Kirsten Dunst and Rebel Wilson. Girl power!

4. Drake Bell filed for bankruptcy. The 27-year-old former Nickelodeon star reportedly has a debt of more than $2 million and owes more than $46,000 to the IRS, according to E! Online. 

5. Selena Gomez is out of rehab. Okay, am I the only who completely missed her going to rehab? Gomez voluntarily checked into rehab for emotional issues, according to her reps. She supposedly left two weeks into a six-week stay saying she would return after finishing up a movie.

6. T-Pain says rappers won’t work with Frank Ocean. In an interview with DJ Vlad, the rapper said he thought radio is becoming more receptive to different sexualities. He also claimed he knows of people who won’t work with Frank Ocean because of his sexuality. T-Pain has commented on homophobic behavior before in defense of his assistant.

7. Rihanna claims her accountant left her bankrupt. TMZ reports that Rihanna filed a lawsuit against her accountant in 2012. It states that her accountant mishandled her money in 2009 in such a way that the pop star started with $11 million and ended the year with $2 million. She claims her accountant did not tell her the money was gone and instead told her to buy a house valued between $7 million and $7.5 million.

8. Paula Deen is trying to make a comeback. The disgraced celebrity chef has reportedly signed a contract promising her between $75 million and $100 million from an private equity firm, according to TODAY. 

9. Drake doesn’t appreciate Macklemore’s Grammy text. After winning four Grammys and causing a bit of outrage in certain circles, Macklemore texted rapper Kendrick Lamar saying he thought Lamar was robbed. Macklemore then Instagrammed a picture of the text. Drake told Rolling Stone he thought the text was “whack” and that Macklemore didn’t need to put up a picture of the text or apologize for winning.

10. Ke$ha is extending her stay in rehab. The pop singer has also postponed her tour dates in March and April. In a statement, the singer said, “I was so looking forward to performing at these dates, but I need to follow my doctor’s advice and get my health back on track.” Best of luck!

That’s all for this week, collegiettes™! 

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.