Entertainment Ten: Jenny McCarthy, Gwen Stefani, and Chelsea Handler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Welcome to the last Entertainment Ten of this semester, collegiettes™! For my last post, we have a lot of girl power! There’s engagements, baby news, and a secret wedding.

1. Jenny McCarthy is engaged to Donnie Wahlberg. Remember when she dated Jim Carrey for years? McCarthy recently announced her engagement and showed off her yellow sapphire ring on The View. She told the show’s audience that her son, Evan, 11, helped Wahlberg propose. The 41-year-old actress is a co-host on The View and is also  known for her strong anti-vaccination activism following her son’s autism diagnosis. Wahlberg, 44, is a member of New Kids on the Block and is brother to actor Mark Wahlberg. 

2. Drew Barrymore gave birth to her second child. The 36-year-old actress and Will Kopelman welcomed the new addition Tuesday. Barrymore gave birth to a girl, Frankie, who will done both Barrymore’s and Kopelman’s last names. The couple’s first child is also a girl, Olive. 

3. Paul Walker’s brothers will fill in for Fast 7. The late actor’s sudden passing left a lot of people wondering how filmmakers would complete the seventh installment of the Fast & Furious franchise. Universal Pictures confirmed that Caleb and Cody will step in to “fill gaps” left in the movie by Walker’s passing in a car crash in November 2013. There is no word on if the franchise will continue after the seventh movie.

4. Chelsea Clinton is pregnant. The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced she is pregnant with her first child. Clinton, 34, made the announcement at a forum about women’s rights in New York City. She has been married to her husband Marc Mezvinsky since 2010.

5. Real Housewives of Atlanta star Porsha Williams was arrested for battery. I don’t even think this is legit; it was probably all done for publicity. Nevertheless, Williams turned herself into police on April 16 after Kenya Moore, a co-star on Real Housewives of Atlanta, told police she had been assaulted by Williams on March 27. She was charged with simple battery, which is a misdemeanor.

6. Chelsea Handler is leaving E! The comedienne is ready to leave the E! network when her contract expires at the end of the year, according to her manager Irving Azoff. Azoff claims that Handler has “at least seven suitors” trying to offer Handler a job. CBS recently debunked the rumor that she would be taking over The Late Late Show from Craig Ferguson when his contract ends in summer 2015.

7. First Lady Michelle Obama will guest-star on Nashville. The May 7 episode of the hit drama will feature the First Lady playing herself along with country singer Kellie Pickler when Connie Britton’s character hosts a charity concert. FLOTUS is no stranger to TV — she also made an appearance in the season six finale of Parks and Recreation.

8. Gwen Stefani is supposedly replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice. According to TMZ, the former No Doubt singer will be stepping into Aguilera’s Louboutins for the seventh season of the hit singing competition while Aguilera takes time off to focus on her second pregnancy. Pharrell Williams will also be a judge.

9. Will Arnett has officially filed for divorce from Amy Poehler. The couple has been separated for two years but never actually filed for divorce. Arnett has requested joint custody of the couple’s two boys, Abel and Archie. The couple were married in 2003.

10. Ginnifer Goodwin wed her costar in a secret marriage. The Once Upon a Time actress married her co-star Josh Dallas in a secret wedding. The two announced they were engaged in October 2013 and are expecting their first child soon! 

It’s been great sharing entertainment news with you — have a great summer, collegiettes™!

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.