Dough Religion Brings Oven-Fired Pizzas Close to Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Pizza lovers of Gainesville, rejoice. If you’re sick of the same ol’ Italian Gator Pizza By The Slice, you’re in luck because you now have a tasty and affordable alternative right by Midtown. It’s called Dough Religion Pizza, and it’s every broke college kid’s dream come true.

For just $7.95, you can load up a personal pizza with as many toppings as you’d like, with no additional charges for any of the toppings. And man, are those toppings ~on point~. They’ve got everything from meatball, ham and Italian sausage to corn, ricotta cheese and artichoke hearts. But if toppings aren’t your cup of tea, you can either do a plain cheese pizza for a mere $5.95 or a one-topping pie for $6.95. What a steal! The pizzas are 11 inches in diameter, so there’s a chance you’ll have leftovers for later… unless you’re like me and prefer to scarf down the whole thing in one sitting.

For anyone with a sweet tooth, they also offer a sweet pizza, which has a Nutella base, banana slices and powdered sugar on top. Sounds like a slice of heaven, right? If you’re on a tight budget, be sure to “like” their Facebook page and show it to the cashier to get the $5 Pizza of the Day deal!

If you’re of legal drinking age, there’s also an awesome bar in the same building called ooZoo Bar. They’re always having amazing drink specials, and they occasionally have live music outside on the front deck. Their craft beer selection is pretty impressive if you’re into that kind of thing, but they also serve cocktails if you’re not. Plus, this part of the restaurant serves super yummy sandwiches and loaded French fries. My personal favorites are the BBQ pulled pork sweet potato fries and the pulled pork sandwich. In case you ever had doubts that fries would suffice for a full meal, ooZoo’s fries will put those doubts to rest.

I’m just going to put this out there and fully disclose that I may have a slight bias because I work at Dough Religion part time. But I simply couldn’t resist expressing my love for this place. My coworkers are friendly and fun to be around, the pizza is affordable, the location is convenient for students, the crust is perfectly crunchy and fluffy at the same time, and the toppings are awesome.

I encourage you to support this cool local business, and do your taste buds a favor by paying them a visit at 1404 W. University Avenue (right in front of Burrito Brothers). They’re open from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m., and ooZoo is open until 12 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays and until 2 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Be sure to “like” them on Facebook to keep up with their latest deals and events!

Photos courtesy of Dough Religion Pizza and ooZoo Bar

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!