As I’m sure many people would, I’d probably pick cookies as my favorite dessert any day of the week. However, between the cookie crumbs, chocolate all over your fingers, and dropping half a cookie into your glass of milk, our favorite treats can be a little messy to eat. Fortunately, I came across a recipe that solves most of these problems: cookie shooters! Cookie shooters are small cups made of cookie dough that, when baked, hold all the chocolate and toppings you like! This gives a whole new meaning to milk and cookies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of cookie dough mix
- 1 egg
- ½ C of softened butter
- 1 C of chocolate chips
- Optional: Toppings of your choosing (M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, etc.)
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In one bowl, mix the cookie dough, egg, and butter until the dough becomes soft.
- With an ice scream scoop, make small-sized cookie dough balls and place each in a mini muffin pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. As you take the tray out of the oven, use a wooden spoon to press down on each ball to make an indentation — you now have a cookie cup! Let it cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave for about one minute or until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour a bit of the chocolate into each cookie cup, and let it cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you’re ready to eat, add your additional toppings!
These cookie shooters are a fun treat to have when you want a unique treat! Enjoy!