The Definitive Ranking of Target Collaborations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Any fashion-obsessed bargain shopper will tell you that there are few things more exciting than when Target announces its designer collaborations. These collaborations feature affordable collections created by designers whose pieces normally retail for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. This season, Target has teamed up with Lilly Pulitzer, and in honor of the recent announcement we have established the definitive ranking of past Target collaborations.

5. Altuzarra for TargetThis line debuted in the fall of 2014 and was definitely geared toward a more sophisticated market. Sexy and structured coats accompanied snake print skirts and strappy heels, perfect for the career woman with an eye for high fashion. Check out the Altuzarra for Target lookbook.

4. Missoni for TargetThere is no mistaking the classic Missoni chevron print, and it shined through in every piece from this collection. The garments and accessories were perfect as expected, but it didn’t stop there. The line also featured bedding and home décor. We’ll take one of everything, please. Here is this collection’s lookbook.

3. TOMS for TargetThis collaboration was not only a favorite, but also paid it forward to a great cause. For every TOMS x Target purchase, a meal, blanket or pair of shoes was donated to those in need. Talk about guilt-free shopping! If you missed out on this collab, you can check out all the collection’s items here.

2. 3.1 Phillip Lim for TargetWhen this collection was released in the fall of 2013, some of the pieces sold out in minutes. Many of the styles were inspired by and resembled some of the designer’s most popular sellers, including his to-die-for purses. Confession: I drove from Gainesville to Ocala at 8 a.m. to get my hands on the mini satchel. Take a peek at the lookbook.

1. Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday CollectionThe Target and Neiman Marcus holiday collection hit stores in the winter of 2012, and it was as if shoppers had struck gold. This collaboration was major because it featured over 10 different designers. There was a Diane von Furstenberg yoga mat, a Marc Jacobs cosmetics case, a Tory Burch lunchbox and an Alice + Olivia bike, among many others. Even stalking the Target website until midnight couldn’t guarantee scooping up some of the sought-after pieces, which you can check out here.

There is no doubt that Target collaborations never disappoint, and it’s only a matter of months before we find out where Lilly for Target will place on the list.

Samantha is a passionate and motivated senior in the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida. In her free time she enjoys reading entertainment and fashion magazines. She is excited to move to New York City upon graduating in May of 2015. She hopes to pursue a career that is fulfilling and exciting. GO GATORS!