A Day in the Life of a Coffee Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

My love of coffee cannot be denied. It’s extremely rare that I go a day without it. With that being said, this is what a typical day in the life of a coffee addict looks like.

My day starts as yours probably does — hitting the snooze button several times before actually waking up.

I always think I’m going to wake up and be ready to immediately tackle the day with a smile on my face.

I am always wrong. This is how it actually goes.

I force myself to get ready with little motivation.

The thought of getting a cup of coffee is enough to get me through the morning.

I rejoice when I see the line at Starbucks is short. It’s all about life’s little victories, you know?

The first sip humbles me.

After finishing my coffee, I’m on top of the world.

I become the most productive I’ve ever been.

The day goes on and I’m feeling good.

Until it’s time for my triple block, and I realize all the work I have to do after.

My mom supports my decision for another coffee, so I make my way to get another.

I accept that coffee is my weakness and plan to repeat the whole process again the next day.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that’s what my average day looks like. I’m slightly ashamed of how much money I spend on coffee, but I’d say Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts most likely appreciate my devotion. Have a great day, and get that second cup of coffee. You won’t regret it.

Photo credit: wordpress.com