The Crafty Gator: DIY Rainy Day Bracelets

Summer is finally upon us, collegiettes™! And we will suddenly have a lot more free time. No more classes, no more studying — the only thing to worry about it is when the tide will reach our chairs! On those rainy afternoons when you can’t enjoy the sunshine and beach, however, crafting is a great alternative. This quick and easy craft looks like a million bucks, but it doesn’t cost nearly that much!

Supplies:

1. First, choose three strings of different colors that go well together — I know you still have some old string lying around from those braided bracelet days! For my piece, I chose pink, yellow, and blue.    
  2. Cut about ten 12-inch pieces of each color of string.
  3. Tie a knot to combine all the strings together.
  4. Choose two colors to be intertwined together. I picked yellow and blue.
  5. Weave the two sections of string — the blue/yellow and the pink, for example — through the silver bracelet. Use a bobby pin for help, and continue the pattern through the entire bracelet.
  6. Tie a knot when you get to the other end, and cut off any extra string.
  7. Finally, attach one of the silver clasps to each end of the chain bracelet.
  8. Wear your newly crafted bracelet with your favorite outfit as a statement piece!                                                                            

Happy Crafting!XOXO,The Crafty Gator