Summer is finally upon us, collegiettes™! And we will suddenly have a lot more free time. No more classes, no more studying — the only thing to worry about it is when the tide will reach our chairs! On those rainy afternoons when you can’t enjoy the sunshine and beach, however, crafting is a great alternative. This quick and easy craft looks like a million bucks, but it doesn’t cost nearly that much!
- First, choose three strings of different colors that go well together — I know you still have some old string lying around from those braided bracelet days! For my piece, I chose pink, yellow, and blue.
- Cut about ten 12-inch pieces of each color of string.
- Tie a knot to combine all the strings together.
- Choose two colors to be intertwined together. I picked yellow and blue.
- Weave the two sections of string — the blue/yellow and the pink, for example — through the silver bracelet. Use a bobby pin for help, and continue the pattern through the entire bracelet.
- Tie a knot when you get to the other end, and cut off any extra string.
- Finally, attach one of the silver clasps to each end of the chain bracelet.
- Wear your newly crafted bracelet with your favorite outfit as a statement piece!
Happy Crafting!XOXO,The Crafty Gator