This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Many collegiettes face the struggle of wanting to be well dressed and still be comfortable. It can also be challenging to keep up with the latest trends because our budgets can be fairly limited. However, there are ways to stay stylish without spending all of your rent money and to still be comfy for a long day of class. Maria Villanueva has perfected the comfortable-but-still-put-together look. A cozy cardigan paired with a simple blouse and shorts, all in neutral tones, stood out amongst the many leggings and hoodies on Turlington Plaza. The best part about this fashionista’s style is that she doesn’t spend a fortune to achieve her looks. Keep reading to learn her tricks for shopping on a budget and about what she keeps in her closet!

Name: Maria VillanuevaAge: 18Year: freshmanMajor: exploratory

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from? Maria Villanueva: “My watch is from Forever 21. This shirt is from Wet Seal — I just bought it actually. These pants are from Sears. My cardigan is from American Eagle Outfitters. I can’t remember where my headband or shoes are from.”

HC: How would you describe your personal style in three words?MV: “Cheap, casual and cute.”

HC: What can be found in your closet right now?MV: “A lot of this green color in pants and shirts, and a lot of blouses. I kind of dress a little hipster, but I don’t take it to the extreme.”

HC: Do you have any tips for shopping on a budget?MV: “I use RetailMeNot for when they have sales and stuff. It’s an app where they have all these different stores, and it will tell you if they have a sale going on or a discount. So when you purchase your item you can show them the coupon or the code number, and then they will give you the discount.”

Allison is a freshman finance major at the University of Florida. She is thrilled to be the Her Campus UFL Campus Style Blogger. Outside of class, Allison can be found running off to Walt Disney World or watching hockey. Other interests include online shopping, cats, yoga, and dancing.