College Probz: So Long Folks, and Goodbye For Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Let’s face it:We all have problems, but that doesn’t mean we should let our problems define what we become and who we are.

College can be a weird and bizarre time, but it’s also a time to grow, a time to blossom into the person you were always meant to become. Throughout my time here, I wanted to write a weekly column that would shed some light on the more serious and not-so serious problems that we face every day, so “CollegeProbz” was born. I wasn’t quite sure where this series would go and what I would end up writing for HerCampusUFL’s readers. However, like many of us, we all tend to share the same issues and problems. I’m happy that I pursued this journey and decided to take on this challenge of finding solutions every week for the variety of problems we face in our lives.

Writing these articles, for me, was very soothing to the soul and provided me with some clarity on my life, so I figured maybe, just maybe, I would provide the same kind of feeling for you guys. Life is hard, but that doesn’t mean we need to dread issues that are brought upon us. Instead of focusing on the issue itself, it is important to focus on the core of that issue that is causing us distress to begin with.  Like I said before, everyone’s got problems, but not everyone knows how to face them or where to start. Some people ignore, some people try to forget, but I think the healthiest most beneficial option is to face that problem square in the face,move on the next challenge and slay one problem at at time.

Running away is such an easy way out, but addressing the issue to begin with, will help you in the long run. It’s not like this is going to be the only issue in your life (sorry that this is the case).

However, could we question whether having problems in your life is the worst thing? Could it be a blessing in disguise? Whenever I face an issue or a problem, I learn from it, and I add yet another trait to my belt that I can look back on for future references.

The point I’m trying to make here is that we’re all young adults, and this is the time in your life to make mistakes. Making mistakes is how you learn and grow as a person. Without mistakes, life would be a standstill, picture-perfect alternative reality where everyone is just content with how their life is and not striving to make it better.

I hope that my articles taught you a little something about how to poke fun when life gives you lemons and what to do when you turn that solution into lemonade.

Thank you all for giving a chance on an old soul, redhead dreamer who just wanted to express her wisdom with the world. Live life to the fullest, keep CollegeProbz alive and be sure to make your mark in this wonderful world that gives us hope.

Photo Credit: Giphy.com

Looneytunes.wikia.com