sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

College Christmas Bucket List 2019 | Gainesville Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The holiday season is here, and we can’t let college steal our Christmas cheer!

The final months of the fall semester fly by fast and before you know it, along with trick or treaters, the stress of finals is knocking on our front doors.

When you’re in a college town, it’s easy to get distracted by the college lifestyle and neglect to see all the opportunities for fun away from campus.

Normally, the holiday fun has to wait for the end of the semester, half-way through December.

This year, I have put together a Christmas bucket list so we can experience the holiday season and finals season simultaneously.

Visit the holiday tree lighting celebration at the Historic Thomas Center

Right near the heart of downtown Gainesville, the Historic Thomas Center hosts a tree lighting celebration full of holiday cheer featuring a very special guest.

Hint: He’s the jolliest guy around and really loves cookies.

The grounds are beautiful and is the perfect place to get your Christmas card pictures taken.

Watch ‘The Nutcracker’ at the Curtis M. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts

While I’ll argue that the 2001 animated masterpiece that is “Barbie in the Nutcracker” stands supreme, a night at the ballet is sure to get you in the holiday spirit.

Unleash your inner elf at Painting with a Twist

Even if you’re not the craftiest gal, you can let the wine and creative juices flow at Painting with a Twist.

This holiday season, they have special paint party offerings themed to get you feeling extra merry!

Light the Village at Haile Village Center

Haile Village Center is already a town straight out of a Hallmark movie, but at this event, you’ll feel like you’re really in one of their holiday hits.

At Haile’s Light the Village event, there will be food trucks, bounce houses and Santa!

What’s better than munching on yummy treats while feeling like you’re in the perfect Christmas village? Nothing.

See ‘A Christmas Carol’ at the Hippodrome

The timeless Christmas classic A Christmas Carol is being performed at the Hippodrome Theatre in an all new adaptation by Niall McGinty.

The singing and storytelling are sure to make your season bright.

Watch a movie and see the Christmas lights at Celebration Pointe

One of my favorite things to do is go to the movie theater in my pjs!

Trust me, a cozy stroll in your pjs around Celebration Pointe to see all the lights, grab a treat from Kilwins and cozy up at a movie will have you feeling holly jolly in no time.

I'm Adrianna Santiago, a 20-something-year-old girl created to create beautiful things and love all the people. I'm currently a public relations student at the University of Florida working hard towards finding a career where I can use my creative skills to tell stories and bring people together. ​ When I'm not clacking at my keyboard you can find me sipping on iced coffee working on a design, roaming the streets of Main Street USA (camera in hand of course), or filming and editing videos for my YouTube channel.