This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

As the world becomes more technologically connected, I have grown more addicted to keeping up with celebrities and influencers. Over time, I have developed a hobby of reading books mentioned by some of my favorite entertainers. I love to read, so I am always looking for a good book recommendation. Why would I not take ideas from the celebrities I spend my time admiring?

I have chosen to review three of the books that I have read based on recommendations from my favorite stars. I truly enjoyed all of these books and feel like they gave me a glimpse into the celebrities’ interests. Honestly, I would not have read these books if they did not sound interesting to me, so it is all a balance between doing things you enjoy and allowing others to have a lot of influence on your own life. This hobby helped me to find a balance between being influenced by the interests of others and uncovering new sparks of joy in my own life.

Norwegian Wood:- Harry Styles’ Choice

Norwegian Wood is Harry Styles’ favorite book, which, of course, intrigued me. Like many people, I am completely enthralled with Harry Styles and his kind, creative nature. Harry often raves about the author of this book, Haruki Murakami, which made me want to read the book even more. The book is a work of fiction published in 1987, and it tells a very dark and depressing coming-of-age story. It takes place in Tokyo and centers around a young college student named Toru. Toru has to overcome mental health struggles and navigate the ups and downs of first love.

This book was not a lighthearted and happy read like one may expect from Harry Styles, but it highlighted a powerful and incredible journey. Murakami creates a dreamy world set in the sixties, which is reminiscent of Harry’s style. Overall, I enjoyed this book and would like to read more of Murakami’s work in the future.

My Year of Rest and Relaxation Orion Carloto’s Choice

My Year of Rest and Relaxation has received substantial acclaim since it was released three years ago. I found out about this book after I saw Orion Carloto, a social media influencer and poet, praising it on her Instagram story. I was initially drawn to Orion’s aesthetic and content but became more intrigued by the social media star after becoming lost in the pages of My Year of Rest and Relaxation.

The book tells the story of a young woman living in New York who decides to sleep for a long time as she struggles with her mental health and reality.

This story can be dark, but it has quirky and funny elements sprinkled throughout the sadness. I really liked this book, and I am excited by the rumors I’ve heard about a potential movie coming out.

The Houseguest: And Other Stories– Kendall Jenner’s Choice

One day while I was scrolling through my Instagram explore page, I came across a paparazzi picture of Kendall Jenner on vacation. My obsession with books led me to become curious about what book Kendall was reading on her beach getaway. I noticed that she was reading a collection of short stories and decided to give it a read after checking out the reviews.

The Houseguest: And Other Stories is a collection of peculiar, psychological short stories, which are often slightly creepy or unnerving. I found this book very compelling, as it was different from the type of things I normally read, and it was not what I would expect Kendall to enjoy. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read something particularly unusual that could lead you to think about life on a deeper level.

Celebrities’ influence extends very far, which is seen in almost all facets of life. The impact of a simple book recommendation by a well-known individual can lead to an exponential growth of success for the author. Furthermore, this success could lead to film or television renditions, which are often produced by the very celebrities who recommended the work originally.

Overall, I enjoy finding new books to read no matter who suggests them, and I think it is just a natural part of our society to allow other’s influence to affect our personal — and purchasing — decisions. As long as I continue to find wonders in the words of celebrity-supported novels, I will keep following their recommendations.

Minna is an English major at the University of Florida. She is a features editor for Her Campus UFL.