Campus Style: Time for Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Defining your personal style can be a difficult task. Some days you may feel preppy, another day you want to rock Nikes and joggers, and the next day you feel like dressing boho chic. Bouncing from style to style can be fun, but one way to create some cohesion among all of your looks is to find a signature piece that you can wear with everything. Margo Utter looked great in a boots, a beanie and a cozy sweater while in the Murphree Area. She shared with us what her staple accessory is. Keep reading to learn more about Margo’s style!

Name: Margo Utter
Age: 19
Year: freshman
Major: business administration

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from?
Margo Utter: “These shoes are Antonio Melani, and they’re from Dillard’s. These jeans are from Lucky Brand. This sweater is from Lucky, too. This tank is from Bealls. I don’t know where I got my hat, but it’s from the brand The North Face. My watch is from SWAROVSKI. It’s like my staple watch. I didn’t buy it because I saw someone else wearing it; I found it on my own. If it matches my outfit I like to wear it. My cross necklace is from Tiffany & Co. The other necklace is from Kendra Scott.”

HC: What is your favorite part about winter fashion?
MU: “It would have to be how my winter clothes are a lot comfier than my spring and summer clothes. Especially with living in Florida, it’s rare to be dressing for the winter. We’re so used to dressing for the warmer months, so it’s something different. I feel more fashionable because you get to layer and wear more pieces.”

HC: Would you rather dress for the colder or warmer months?
MU: “I honestly don’t have a favorite. I like mixing it up. I already said what I like about the winter months, so I’ll share what I like about the warmer months. I love buying all of the new swimsuits because that’s always really fun. I love all the bright colors you get to wear in the spring and summer. I think it’s more exciting because there’s more variety with outfits. The spring dresses are always fun, too.”

HC: What are your favorite things in your closet right now?
MU: “I always love my cowboy boots. Honestly, I love all boots, like these riding boots. I also love the comfy spirit jerseys. They’re some of my favorites for everyday wear. I like the really long sweaters, too. I have this cute sweater from Urban Outfitters — it’s similar to the one I’m wearing now; not the closed sweaters, but the open ones that you can just throw over a tank. They work really well in the winter months.”

Check out this fashionista’s Instagram: @margo_catherine

Photo Credit: Allison Curry

Allison is a freshman finance major at the University of Florida. She is thrilled to be the Her Campus UFL Campus Style Blogger. Outside of class, Allison can be found running off to Walt Disney World or watching hockey. Other interests include online shopping, cats, yoga, and dancing.