Campus Style: Old School Charm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Scarves and trench coats and loafers, oh my! These three recipes for sartorial success, alongside a snazzy white button-up shirt and rolled up ripped jeans, make up today’s Her Campus #OOTD piece.

If you’ve ever wanted a look that’s both classy and full of old-school charm (think Old Hollywood stars like Ingrid Bergman, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn), take a nod from Ana Teran, our resident UF fashionista and thrift store aficionado. Keep reading to copy her bold outfit and learn a little more about the brains behind the attire.

Name: Ana Gabriela Teran

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Major: Telecommunications

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from?

Ana Teran: “I am wearing boyfriend jeans from Lucky Brand. My button down it thrifted. My trench coat is from Calvin Klein. My shoes are from Forever21, and my scarf is thrifted.”

HC: What are your favorite stores to shop at?

AT: “It is very difficult for me to pick a favorite store. I appreciate many stores especially if they have unique pieces. I’d have to say that I’m a big fan of thrift stores more than any other. You can definitely find pieces with history and incorporate them into your style in a truly authentic way.”

HC: What’s your favorite piece in your wardrobe right now?

AT: “My boyfriend jeans from Lucky Brand Jeans are my favorite piece at the moment. They are so comfortable. I probably wear them more than three times a week.”

HC: How would you describe your style as?

AT: “My style changes a lot. I realize as I get older, I tend to increasingly steer towards a more classic look. I like to wear basic pieces and add accessories or layer over pieces that stand out. I’m a sucker for cool patterns and textures combined with basic styles of clothing.”

HC: What’s your favorite season to dress for?

AT: “My favorite season to dress for is winter. I absolutely love scarves, coats and boots. I have a fun time experimenting with layering.”

HC: What would your fashion advice be to anyone reading this?

AT: “My advice would be to always wear what makes you feel confident even if it’s not what is considered ‘in style.’”

Photo Credit: Anna Burbano

Anna Burbano is a junior at the University of Florida pursuing a B.A. in English. Alongside minoring in Classical Studies, she harbors a (not so secret) passion for fashion magazines and musical theatre. Most of the time, you’ll find Anna daydreaming about the following things: what life would be like as a Disney princess, meeting lyrical genius Lin-Manuel Miranda, or any number of dashing Jane Austen heroes (especially Northanger Abbey’s Mr. Tilney). Follow her at www.annaburbano.com!