The Bookworm Belle: The Preface for Spring 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Happy 2014, Collegiettes! I hope you found winter break to be relaxing and full of good books! I am guilty of spending 95 percent of my break behind the pages of a good read, so needless to say I am excited for a semester of new books!

Similar to last semester, I will review a book every other week from The Bookworm Belle Spring 2014 Book List. I’d love for you to follow along with me, or choose which books you’re interested in along the way! I’ve chosen a wide array of books, ranging from humorous novels to profound classics to adolescent literature, so you’re sure to find something that interests you.

Spring 2014 Book List Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria SempleAttachments by Rainbow RowellThe Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman AlexieOne Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken KeseyMonster by Walter Dean MyersThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Be sure to follow me on Instagram for the latest book reviews and inspiration for your week!

Next time, I’ll be reviewing Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, so start reading!

HC xo,The Bookworm Belle

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.