gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Date Spots in Gainesville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Even though Gainesville is a college town, there are still plenty of ways to spend a romantic night out. Whether you’re a newly exclusive couple or practically married, these date spots – recommended by fellow Gator gals – are sure to be the perfect destinations to make new memories!

If you like food as much as I do, you’ll definitely want to hit up one of these amazing restaurants recommended. Whether you’re on a tight budget or in the mood to splurge, you and your boy will definitely have one tasty meal!

Mark’s Prime: This restaurant is definitely on the pricey side. However, your meal will definitely be worth the money! Known for serving “the finest beef, the freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables,” Mark’s Prime will have a dish for you and your man no matter what you’re in the mood for, with a romantic setting! Website: www.marksprimesteakhouse.com/

Dragonfly: Dragonfly is an Asian restaurant with a modern twist. Known for their sushi and sake, this restaurant is heaven for any lovers of Asian cuisine. This restaurant can allow you and your boy to get cozy by sharing some tapas. If you’re in the mood for your own meal, there are plenty of dishes to choose from! Website: www.dragonflysushi.com/

The Jones Eastside: If you and your boyfriend are into eating local and organic, this is the date spot for you! The Jones serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and has a casual atmosphere, so you can head in any time! Website: www.thejoneseastside.com/

Emiliano’s Café: This restaurant serves Latin Cuisine, and features a menu full of tapas-style dishes for you and your date to share! What better way to heat things up than sharing some spicy food with your man? Twice a week, this downtown restaurant has live jazz music to make your evening even more memorable. Website: www.emilianoscafe.com/

Gelato Company: Even though they’re known for their fantastic gelato, this destination also serves amazing sandwiches and salads. This date spot is perfect for a light meal, followed by some delicious gelato… with several flavors to choose from!

If you want to do something out of the ordinary, or you’re not ready to end the night, there are plenty of ways to do something recreational and fun!

Gainesville Rock: Want to do something fun that’s good for your body and probably something you’ve never thought of doing on a date before? Head to Gainesville Rock, a rock-climbing place in downtown Gainesville! They offer a day pass, which includes a safety class, with a Gear Rental Package that will keep you and your date entertained for a good two to three hours… but why not make a day of it? Website: www.gainesvillerock.com/

Lake Wauburg: There’s a ton of activities you can do at this beautiful destination, and best of all, it’s free for UF students with a Gator1 ID! At Lake Wauburg, you can go water skiing, wakeboarding, sailing, boating, kayaking, paddle boating, paddle boarding, or swimming. You can also play disc golf, sand volleyball, soccer, and football, climb their rock wall, or participate in their challenge course. You and your boy can find plenty of things to do to keep you busy, or try something new each time you go! Doing an activity for two, like kayaking or paddle boating, is definitely a romantic way to spend a day in the sun. Website: www.recsports.ufl.edu/lake-wauburg

Skate Station Funworks: If you’re in the mood to keep moving, a date to Skate Station will definitely keep you and your boyfriend entertained. Not much of a roller skater? Don’t worry, Skate Station has plenty of other activities to do! Take your man to the batting cages for a little friendly competition, race each other in the Go-Karts, or challenge him to a game of mini golf! Website: www.funworks.com/gainesville/

With plenty of options, this college town really is a goldmine for exciting and romantic date spots! Next time you and your man are sitting on the couch watching TV and bored out of your minds, visit one of these restaurants or recreational destinations for a night you both will never forget.