This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Picture this: It’s a Sunday morning, and you’re ready to have a lazy day. When you first wake up, you’re craving something to satisfy your sweet tooth. What could be better than chocolate chip pancakes from your favorite brunch spot?

Oftentimes, when adjusting to a new town, it takes a while to discover the best food spots. Especially in college, many students are focused on finding quick pit-stop lunch and dinner destinations, so they never take the time to enjoy a good-quality brunch.

As someone who is always craving a mouth-watering omelette or egg sandwich, scouting out the best brunch places in Gainesville has become an activity for me. As a third-year student, I have hand-picked some of my all-time favorite spots.

When you’re looking for a cute atmosphere: Afternoon

Afternoon is probably the brunch spot I go to the most because the atmosphere always puts me in a good mood. With both outdoor and indoor seating, Afternoon provides people with different specialty brunch options. Although the menu is not particularly expansive, Afternoon’s meals never fail to disappoint. My personal favorite option is the snack plate, consisting of eggs, onion, bread and lox. I also love its breakfast potatoes and matcha iced tea.

When you need a quick bite: Metro Diner

Well-priced, quick and convenient, Metro Diner will always be a go-to stop for me. From its savory waffles to its classic eggs benedict options, anyone is bound to find something they love on the Metro Diner menu. Even if you’re not a brunch person, Metro Diner offers a delicious dinner menu as well.

When you’re  looking to satisfy your brunch and coffee cravings: Peach Valley Café

Peach Valley may seem low-key to many Gainesville brunchgoers, but it certainly does not disappoint. With a wide variety of egg meals, salads and sandwiches, Peach Valley needs to be added to your to-visit list. Besides its flavorful food, Peach Valley is known for its coffee, specifically its caramel cream coffee. If you are as addicted to coffee as I am, don’t miss out on trying Peach Valley’s infamous coffee.

If you’re looking for an above-and-beyond meal: 43rd Street Deli

43rd Street Deli is unlike any other brunch spot because of its wide range of unique options. The black bean cake breakfast, popeye benedict and the stuffed croissant French toast are just a few of their one-of-a-kind options. 43rd Street Deli is most known for its “belly busters,” which taste exactly how they sound.

If you live in Gainesville and haven’t gone brunch hopping yet, it’s time to start exploring.

Jolie Freedman is a Sophomore at the University of Florida and is from Melville, New York. Jolie is working towards achieving a Bachelor of Arts in journalism with an outside concentration in marketing. Jolie has a passion for storytelling and digital media, and she places a heavy emphasis on the importance of social media. Jolie is also a campus trendsetter for Her Campus Media and an ambassador for the College of Journalism and Communications. Aside from her journalistic involvement, Jolie enjoys skiing and art. Jolie's inspiration to join the Her Campus community stems from her involvement as the Print Manager and Staff Writer/Editor for her high school's newspaper.
UF Class of 2021. Journalism & women's studies. Viviana Moreno is a writer and online creative dedicated to exuding warmth and promoting inclusivity. She creates content that fuels truth and curiosity through her contributions to publications that seek to empower and inform primarily college-aged individuals.