This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Pisces are the dreamers of the zodiac signs, and they are the last sign seen in the zodiac world. Pisces were born between February 19 and March 20. They are a water sign. Yes, that’s why we were all addicted to watching The Little Mermaid and we wanted our own Prince Eric. Also, Pisces really are a compilation of all 12 signs and perhaps the most complex sign out there. Do you have a Pisces in your life? Want to learn more about them? Here are their best and worst traits that they possess.

They are deeply empathetic

Pisces are empaths—plain and simple. As a water sign, we love to ensure that those around us are okay. We hate to see people cry or be in pain. It nearly kills us to cause controversy or start problems. As empathetic people, Pisces are kind and caring. Often times, we put the feelings of others before ourselves. By being empathetic, Pisces are affected by the moods around us and we can almost always sense when someone needs our help or guidance. What can I say? It’s just a gift us Pisceans have.

They are romantics

Romance, romance and romance. Pisces are deeply passionate when it comes to their love lives. Even if they are single or taken, they are always spending the day dreaming about someone. Pisces want love. They want to find love, give love and fill their life with love, too. They are extremely sensitive when it comes to finding love. If they are searching for love, they never settle for less than they deserve, and they know what they want in a relationship. They also love to feel protected and safe. Being nurturing is one of their best qualities and they enjoy taking care of others. They aren’t necessarily one for PDA, but they still adore affection. The best part about dating a Pisces? They will always be there for you, no matter what. And they are good kissers, too.

They are imaginative

Pisces love to create. Creating is an outlet for them. Whether that be in any medium. Some love writing, some love drawing and others love to read and escape into a good story. They love to constantly dream. Escapism is something they are quite good at. They love to create when they are stressed or going through a rough patch. That’s why so many Pisces love journaling, creating playlists or watching a romantic film. It makes them think about life. Pisces often turn to artistic jobs, like writers or creators.

They are impressionable

Pisces are extremely impressionable. They are trusting of others, even if they just met you. Being so trusting is not always a good quality to have—especially in this day and age. Being impressionable can be dangerous because they often turn a blind eye to any red flags. Especially in relationships or while dating. They are easily influenced by what goes on around them. That’s why it’s so hard for a Pisces to say “no” to something or someone.

They are pessimists

Yes, sadly it is true. Pisces are extremely negative people. They always stress about what “might go wrong.” Pisces are extremely negative when it comes to the way we see life. Because we are dreamers, reality tends to disappoint us. They are not great at decision making. They always want things to turn out perfect, so when things don’t turn out as planned, they get really negative and depressed about the outcome.

They can be unforgiving

Pisces love to hold grudges. When our trust is broken, it takes a lot of time and strength for us to forgive you. Once a certain line is crossed, it’s difficult for us to see past the mistake. Also, if you dump a Pisces, expect to get a petty response from us. We love to make sure you realize what you did was wrong, and we have no shame with proving our point. They are unforgiving because they care. So, it’s kind of a double-edged sword.

Because Pisces season is approaching, hopefully you are a little more informed about this spectacular and complex zodiac sign. Pisces are one of the most complex and intriguing signs out there. Though termed as a “complicated” person, most Pisces are the complete opposite. Take your time to get to know a Pisces because you definitely won’t regret it.

Former Feature Writer. UF English Literature Alum.