At some point in middle school, girls started slathering stuff all over their faces and the boys liked it. They had perfect complexions, mesmerizing eyes, and plump pink lips. As for the rest of us? We looked like drowned rats… Not really, but you get the picture. Do we really need all of those products to make us look like the bomb dot com? No, but some girls hold onto them like a life vest. We tend to think we need it to cover our imperfections and accentuate our assets… and to make boys like us. But the truth is: we don’t.
Here are seven reasons you should not wear makeup:
1. You can walk around in the rain and not worry about your face melting off.
2. No one will ever ask you if you’re sick when you aren’t always caking on makeup.
3. There are no smudges on the pillows when you forget to wipe off your gunk.
4. Money in the bank! A starter set of makeup with brushes from Mac can cost upwards of $200.
5. When you wake up in the morning next to a guy, you don’t have to worry about him getting a nasty shock.
6. More space in your travel bag! Makeup can take up quite a bit of room.
7. Your natural beauty will shine through no matter what.
If you want to get all dolled up, feel free. But do it for the right reasons, and don’t think it’s necessary to look good.