This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Every hour of the week is Happy Hour in Gainesville. Whether you want to spend time with your friends, find great deals on food and drinks or unwind from a hectic day, there is always somewhere in Gainesville open for a good time! Here are a few of my favorite places to go for some of the best happy hour deals in town.

Chuy’s

Happy Hour:  Monday – Friday, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Hands down, Chuy’s is the best Tex-Mex chain in town. They offer fast service with a smile, a colorful atmosphere, amazing chips with salsa and food that will keep you full for days. I like to come here after passing an exam, after failing an exam, to celebrate my birthday, to celebrate my cat’s birthday, and pretty much any other occasion I can think of. During Happy Hour, Chuy’s serves free Fully-Loaded Nacho Cars and house ritas starting at under $5!

Mother’s Pub

Happy Hour: Monday – Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.

I go to Mother’s to enjoy some down time with good company. Sometimes I don’t want to put in the effort required for going out with friends, but I don’t want to stay at home either. Mother’s is perfect for days like that. Don’t get me wrong, Mother’s can sometimes draw large crowds, especially during football season. Either way, I can always appreciate the chill vibe at Mother’s.

Loosey’s Downtown

Happy Hour: Monday – Saturday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Loosey’s is great because you can find a great special any day of the week. My personal favorite day of the week to go is on Wednesday for their bomb burgers. Their patties are perfectly savory and so large I can usually only finish half. For a bonus round, treat yo’self to the truffle parmesan fries…you’ll never feel the same about regular fries again.

ooZoo

Happy Hour: All day

Instagram-worthy drinks and a delicious build-your-own-pizza: I challenge you to find a better way to procrastinate during exam week. You can find a great excuse to go to oozoo every day of the week. Their specials are super original too: calling a coin toss for a free drink? Where else can you do that in Gainesville? Also, the pizza in their sister establishment, Dough Religion, is fuego. If you haven’t done so yet, go on Sunday for brunch. You’ll find yourself looking forward to Sundays instead of dreading them.

Boca Fiesta

Happy Hour: Monday – Saturday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. All day Sunday

If you’re looking for a funky hipster vibe, Boca Fiesta is where it’s at. You get to people watch downtown while stuffing yourself with delicious chimichangas. They have great vegetarian options as well, so don’t let the animal lover of the group stop everyone from having fun. When I go to Boca Fiesta, I try to order something new each time, especially from the specialty section of the menu. If you’re feeling game, take a bite out of Albert with Boca Fiesta’s gator bites. He tastes just like chicken.

~Bonus~

The Swamp

Yappy Hour: Monday – Friday 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

The Swamp has doggy dining happy hour! Even better, it’s called yappy hour. I’m looking at you dog lovers (sorry cat people) who want to bring their dogs to share every part of life together. Now you can. The Swamp will even donate 10 percent of Doggy Dining proceeds to Gainesville Pet Rescue!

No matter where you find yourself in Gainesville, or how you’re feeling, you’re not far from a happy hour that is sure to satisfy your mood.

Photo credits

www.bethesdamagazine.com

www.gainesvillescene.com

www.commons.wikimedia.org

www.brittanycreates.com

www.bocafiesta.com

www.jivaphotography.com  

Nicolle is a third-year Linguistics major at UF. This is her first semester with Her Campus UFL, and she is psyched to be a part of the editorial team. You can usually find her hanging out near the $5 movie bins of your local store. Nicolle enjoys eating burritos, cleaning her kitchen, surfing iwastesomuchtime.com, and complaining about the humidity.