This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

‘Tis the season for pumpkin galore! It’s that spooky time of the year when the breeze cools down, and the sweaters come out. The time when iced coffees are switched for steaming brews and when you actually want to study outside amongst the trees.

However, when you live in a swamp, sometimes fall is a little more difficult. The weather doesn’t always match the mood and sometimes you need to put more effort in order to get into the cozy, pumpkin-spiced spirit.

It’s easy to lose yourself in the fall craze, so it’s nice to take a moment and appreciate the season while it lasts. Here’s a list of ways to put the “pump” in “pumpkin season.”

Go to a pumpkin patch

This ultimate picturesque setting spells “fall” out to a T. You get to buy pumpkins, take seasonal pictures and maybe even enjoy some festivities. What a concept! Julia Davis, a third-year UF student, recommends the Alachua Pumpkin Patch.

Bake your stress away

When things get hectic, baking can be a productive way to take a step back. It’s also a fun activity for you and your friends to do together! Use some of the pumpkin guts you carved out to bake some pumpkin-themed desserts. Pumpkin bread works wonders for breakfast, according to Her Campus UFL writer Julia Shapiro. If you’re comfortable enough with your skills, maybe even whip up a pumpkin puree and make a good ol’ fashion pumpkin pie.

Do some pumpkin crafts

Pumpkin never gets old. Whether you’re carving Pinterest-worthy designs or sloppy cutouts with pumpkin guts spilling out, this activity is a fun way to get you into the pumpkin spirit with friends.

Don’t have the energy to carve? Pull out your paintbrushes and paint designs onto your pumpkins. Add some music into the mix, and have a fun fall day with friends.

Raid Trader Joe’s in all it’s pumpkin glory

Trader Joes comes in clutch when it comes to stocking up on fall-themed goods. With everything from honey-roasted pumpkin ravioli to pumpkin bisque, this supermarket is basically pumpkin heaven. Her Campus UFL Correspondent Viviana Moreno likes the vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Personally, I think the Pumpkin Joe Joe’s are particularly dangerous. Oreos could never match their thick, creamy pumpkin filling. The spiced pumpkin madeleine cookies are fluffy pieces of heaven. Honestly, I’m convinced that Trader Joe himself could never do any pumpkin wrong.

Spice! Spice! Spice up your life!

Bye, bye tropical and fruity flavors. Stock up on pumpkin spices and integrate it into your DIY coffee routine at home.

And I’m not only talking pumpkin. Adding cinnamon is another major game changer.

This can be as simple as sprinkling extra cinnamon into your yogurt in the mornings.

Watch themed movies

Snuggle up under your favorite blankets, and bring out the movies. Watch Halloween classics like “Halloweentown,” “Twitches” and “Nightmare Before Christmas” (Jack is the Pumpkin King after all). Grab some popcorn. Maybe even toss in some candy corn (controversial, I know, but it’s really not that bad). If you’re feeling really extra, throw in some pumpkin spice! Because yes, pumpkin spice popcorn is a thing.

Decorate your house…or dorm room

Unfortunately, not all of us are able to walk outside in coolness. Opening your eyes to a fall decorated room really makes the season feel real. Pumpkins are an obvious choice to spice up your home, but there’s no need to stop there.

Buy orange-tinted string lights to get in the Halloween mood. Bonus: If you buy regular string lights, you can carry them over year-round.

Buy all the candles

I could spend hours smelling candles. There’s way too many to choose from and inhaling their crisp scents just sends me to another place. When I eventually get around to buying and actually lighting them, “Perfect Autumn” from Bath & Body Works is just like its name, perfect fall goodness. “White Pumpkin” smells so heavenly I swear I could drown in that pool of scented wax. Regardless of which scent you choose, candles are an easy way to take your senses to a magical pumpkin wonderland.

The drinks of joy

These babies are what make pumpkin season. When I make the switch from iced coffee to hot cups of joe, I know the holidays are here (even if there are some shifts back to sun, I’m too stubborn to acknowledge them). The obvious option is the PSL. They’re the natural princesses of the season. But honestly, the pumpkin nitro cold brew has changed my world, and I will get that baby rain or shine.

If you’re not in the mood to jitter from caffeine, order a cup of hot chocolate. For an added fall twist, sprinkle some (you guessed it) pumpkin spice on top. Cinnamon can do wonders for you, all the same.

Summer may have the hottest temperatures but pumpkin season is definetely the warmest. I, for one, plan on making it last for as long as possible. Now, if you’ll excuse me, my pumpkin bread is burning.

Lauren Rousseau is a senior editor for Her Campus UFL. She's also a junior journalism major at the University of Florida, and her writing has appeared in Rowdy Magazine, WUFT News and the Independent Florida Alligator. When Lauren's not starring at a phone or laptop screen, she enjoys starring at her screen even more by watching ridiculous reality television. When all else prevails, catch her baking and listening to music.