9 Actors and Actresses to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Every fall, entertainment junkies crowd in front of televisions and movie theaters in hopes of seeing the next best movie or TV show. The trailers tease you for months until the time finally arrives for you to be the judge of the good and the not so good.

Below we’ve compiled a list of the top nine actors to watch this fall:

1. Lindsey Gort: If you’re at all familiar with the Carrie Diaries on the CW, then you already know a new character, Samantha Jones, has been added this season. Lindsey Gort plays our favorite New York diva, and she’s sure to be a fan favorite. 
Previous work: Gort appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and was in the movie 2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg.

2. Oliver Jackson-Cohen: Some might say this hunky guy has looks to kill, and you could be half right. Oliver-Cohen plays Jonathan Harker on NBC’s Dracula, and he’s bringing all the sexy to the steamy show. 
Previous work: Jackson-Cohen appeared in The Raven and had a part in the 2011 hit, What’s Your Number? with Anna Faris.

3. Emma Rigby: This blonde beauty has taken the role as the red queen on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland on ABC, and she’s the perfect match for the part. After originally being considered for the part of Alice, producers saw a bit of evil in her and decided to cast her as the queen. 
Previous work: Rigby played a part in the movie The Counselor with Cameron Diaz and has worked on various other TV series.  

4. Tom Mison: This British heartthrob is on a mission as Ichabod Crane on FOX’s Sleepy Hallow to unravel events that took place decades ago. The headless horseman has come to destroy Sleepy Hollow, but Mison won’t let such a thing happen. 
Previous work: Mison has not only established his name in the world of theater, but he has also appeared in the movie One Day with Anne Hathaway.

5. Domhnall Gleeson: Harry Potter lovers, this is Bill Weasley all grown up! Domhnall Gleeson is venturing outside of Harry Potter and moving on to new things. Gleeson is playing Tim, opposite Rachel McAdams, in the movie About Time. We can already tell it’s going to be a tearjerker. 
Previous work: Harry Potter… What else is there to know?

6. Megan Boone: Getting her start in movies such as My Bloody Valentine and Step Up Revolution, Boone is now playing Elizabeth Keene on the NBC TV series The Blacklist. Boone plays a FBI profiler who suddenly finds herself face-to-face with one of the FBI’s most wanted fugitives. 
Previous work: Boone previously played Deputy D.A. Lauren Stanton on the TV series Law & Order: LA and made an appearance on Sex and the City 2.

7. Willow Shields: Who could forget poor little Primrose Everdeen? Willow Shields is back and ready for the second Hunger Games. She’s busy these days after being featured on the cover of Seventeen‘s November issue and continuing work on various other movies due out in 2014. 
Previous work: Shields had a role in the 2011 movie Beyond the Blackboard and appeared on the TV series In Plain Sight.

8. Brie Larson: After starring as Molly in 21 Jump Street, who wouldn’t be interested in this triple threat? Larson has continued to make her rise as a film and TV star and is now emerging as a recording artist. Although she won’t be making an appearance in 22 Jump Street, she has plenty of other things to keep her busy. 
Previous work: Larson appeared in the movie Don Jon and was on the TV series United States of Tara.

9. Chris Lowell: Get ready because there is a Veronica Mars movie coming out, and Chris Lowell will be back playing the role of Stosh ‘Piz’ Piznarski. Aside from his role in Veronica Mars, Lowell has also starred in Private Practice and has made appearances on the movies The Help and Up in the Air. 
Previous work: Lowell has appeared on multiple TV shows including Enlisted, Grey’s Anatomy, and Life As We Know It.

Keep your eyes peeled for these notable actors and actresses. Happy watching, collegiettes!

Nicole Germany is a senior at the University of Florida pursuing a degree in magazine journalism. She is currently on track to graduate fall of 2014 and hopes to land a dream job with a major magazine in New York City. Her current roles include writing for Her Campus at the University of Florida, the inspirational-fashion blog, Hello Perfect and is social media director for She's The First UF.Her previous work experience includes writing for the The Independent Florida Alligator and The Black Sheep Magazine. She also volunteered for Gainesville Fashion Week 2013 where she assisted designers by organizing clothes and other materials for the show.Nicole updates her blog weekly with different entertainment, lifestyle and DIY pieces. Her website also contains relevant online clips and short stories.http://nkgermany.wordpress.com  
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.