8 Simple Ways to Make Your Day A Little Brighter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all have those days where you feel sluggish or uninspired, or maybe you’re just not having the best day. I’ve always been a big believer in the idea that you control your own happiness, so for that reason, I have developed a list of eight things that you can do, without much time or effort involved, that can completely change your attitude and turn your day around. All it takes is doing one of these and you’ll feel like a new person.

1. Pamper yourself.

All it takes is a mani-pedi or a DIY face mask and you’ll be feeling brand new in no time.

2. Help out a friend.

If you can think of anything that would be of help to any of your friends (offer to help them study, wash their car, etc.), DO IT. They will shower you in thank-yous, and seeing them happy is sure to brighten your mood.

3. Buy flowers for someone you love.

Whether they’re for your mom, your boyfriend or your best friend, buying someone flowers is a simple act that just shows them how much you care.

4. Volunteer with kids.

Something that has always been a big part of my life is helping out (more like just hanging out) with some kids at a local elementary school. Most of the time, the school will have a mentor program you can volunteer for. They will light up your life – guaranteed.

5. Go play with puppies.

Find an animal shelter near you and ask to play with their puppies. It may sound like a weird request, but the animals love it since they don’t get much attention. By showing them love, you’ll feel happier before you know it.

6. Donate to a charity.

If there is any charity you feel connected to or that you have supported before, go ahead and send them a donation. It doesn’t have to be big, but every dollar counts. Now you’ve definitely done something good, so there’s no way you can feel down.

7. Paint or write.

If you’re an artsy person (or not), painting can be a great way to get your mind off everything and release your creative energy. Same with writing – find a beautiful spot to sit outside and let your mind go free.

8. Make a list of things you’re thankful for.

A lot of people don’t realize how blessed they truly are. By making a list, you create a visual representation of how much you have to be thankful for. This will make you smile.

Along with these eight things, there is so much more you can do to spread the positivity! You’ll find that you will be a more positive person as a result.

Photo credit: hdwallpapersrock.com