This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Long gone are the days of every model walking the runway having the same hairstyle. The fashion industry has developed immensely over the past few years, and straight hair with subdued makeup is no longer the norm on the runway. 

New York Fashion Week for Spring 2020 collections launched recently, and although our eyes were on the newest trending designs, we couldn’t help but notice these hairstyles populating the catwalk and the streets of New York.

Big and natural

Many NYFW goers decided to ditch their straightener to opt for an all-natural look.

This hairstyle is best for girls with thick-textures curls. 

Girls with finer hair can add volume by using a thickening spray.

For best results apply the thickening spray on damp hair and finish off the look by blow-drying your locks.

Headbands

There is no better place to wear a headband than in New York City. 

Street style during NYFW was straight out of a Gossip Girl episode.

Blair Waldorf’s favorite accessory took over fashion week and was worn in different shades of colors and patterns. Asos has a sizable collection of padded headbands to choose from if you’re looking to take on this trend.

Blunt bobs

If you’re looking for inspiration for your next chop, NYFW presented the blunt bob.

However, the cut will require a few inches of hair for sacrifice. This hairstyle is one of the few that fits every face shape and its simplicity means you won’t need to spend a lot of effort in maintaining it.

If you get bored with the haircut, you can accessorize using statement clips like this one from Urban Outfitters or a silk scarf.

Pin-straight

90s hair is back with its long, sleek locks.

This style was a 90s runway staple, and this year it was revived  on the catwalks of New York, Milan and London.

Brands like Burberry had models walking with their hair in a middle part and their front tresses tucked behind their ears.

This style is easy to master with the right straightener and frizz reducing hair oil.

Loose, wavy updo

Loose waves are one of the most versatile styles that can be worn for an early morning class or a night out.

If your hair has a natural wave, you can pull your hair back with a scrunchie. Then, use a curling iron to curl the front  sections of your hair.

If you want a more elegant look you can use a hair tie that matches your hair color and add bobby pins to hold some of those loose hair pieces down for a seamless look.

Side-swept

Michael Kors’ catwalk saw model after model with this side-swept style. Although many models sported this hairstyle in a messy rendition, you make it as dreamy as you like with the addition of pearl clips like these from Asos or leave it swept as an ode to your inner Goth.

Bedhead

Natural hair seemed to dominate NYFW. And yes, your finger-combed hair is perfect for that bedhead look. 

This everyday style can be updated by using a curling iron on the front pieces of your hair and the ends. This stop any 60s over-the-top volume that humidity can cause. 

Which of these hairstyles would you try?

Jana is a graduate from the University of Florida with a degree in biology and a certificate in Spanish. She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, entertainment, the environment and everything in between.