7 Things you’ll Need to Get Through Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner, collegiettes! Cue the rounds of applause and excessive cheering. The ladies of Her Campus UFL could not be more excited for a week of relaxation and fun in the sun. Whether you spend your break sailing the open seas on a cruise or kicking back on the beach with your family, there are some essentials you need to know about to make it through Spring Break in one piece. And that’s where this year’s #HCSurvivalKits come into the picture. Jam-packed with totally HC-approved goodies, this kit’a peoducts are sure to help you have the most safe, relaxing and fulfilling Spring Break yet. Here’s the lowdown on the goodies we got from our amazingly generous sponsors this semester. Hint: If you’re reading this, keep your eyes peeled around campus for the ladies of HC UFL giving away these freebies in the future!

1. Chipotle BOGO cardsUndoubtedly one of the most popular destinations in Gainesville, Chipotle is a hit for a reason. Its fresh ingredients and certifiably addictive guacamole make this restaurant hard to resist. Grab a friend and enjoy a burrito bowl or tacos before heading out to catch some rays at the beach.

2. Not Your Mother’s Hair Care shampoo and conditionerThe only thing worse than those pesky tangles you get in your hair after swimming in the ocean is still having those tangles after taking a shower. With NYMHC’s purifying shampoos and conditioners, you won’t have to deal with this problem anymore! These products are eco-friendly and made with no sulfate, dye or paraben, so you don’t have to worry about harming your precious locks with any harsh chemicals.

3. SABRE pepper gelYour personal safety should always be a top priority, but you have to be especially careful during Spring Break. You should always be cautious and use the buddy system, but for the times when you get separated from your friends, be prepared by carrying around SABRE pepper gel. It has a 12-foot range and it’s pink, so what’s not to love?

4. The Intern’s Handbook by Shane KuhnWith internship season right around the corner, why not dive into an intense novel centered on an intern at a law firm in New York City? The book involves an intern who is secretly a hit man on the side, and it has a fair share of nail-biting drama. Plus, this book is going to be made into a movie starring Dave Franco — need we say more?

5. Dirty Rush by Taylor BelloOnce you make it through The Intern’s Handbook, you may want a bit more of a lighthearted, funny read. The author of Dirty Rush shamelessly describes what it’s like to be Greek in college, for better or for worse. Whether you’re Greek or not, this book is sure to be an entertaining read while you’re relaxing on the beach.

6. Luna mini barsWhether you’re snowboarding in Colorado, hiking in Georgia or laying on the beach in Mexico this Spring Break, every collegiette needs a midday snack! In flavors like lemon zest and chocolate-dipped coconut, these healthy bars will satisfy your craving for a snack without leaving you feeling bloated or too full.

7. Completely Bare wax stripsThese nifty wax strips allow you to achieve smooth skin in the comfort of your own home with “no heat, no fuss and no mess.” Why go out of your way to make a waxing appointment when you can do it yourself for half the price and get the same professional results?

These seven goodies will ensure that you have the safest and most fun Spring Break yet. With good food, a great book, smooth hair and even smoother skin, you’ll be ready to take on Spring Break with no inhibitions. Have a blast, collegiettes, and no matter where you go this break, be safe and have the time of your life!

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!