7 European Fashion Stores That Make Me Want to Move Across the Pond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

While visiting my family abroad in Europe this summer, I had the chance to discover and do some personal research on some of the most popular fashion retailers for young women. If you ever find yourself overseas for a personal trip, study abroad, etc. I highly recommend taking a look at some of these incredibly trendy and fashionable stores.

1. Bershka

I consider Bershka to be an incredibly trendy and fashionable brand with an amazing selection of sales. Bershka offers the types of clothing that I would see style bloggers wear, a.k.a. the kinds on Instagram that you wish you could just raid even a fourth of their closet. From where I shopped, the store tended to get very crowded because it was so popular. I bought a black gaucho-pant jumpsuit from here after convincing myself prior that I would never give in to the wide-legged trend. In the end, it looked so good on me I couldn’t resist buying it.

2. Pink Woman

Pink Woman is a store that is more suited for older teens, but it does offer some good finds. It has a lot of popular fashion styles and, true to its name, has a very cute, pretty aesthetic overall. The brand also offers a plus size section, which in European stores can sometimes be hard to come across.

3. Pull&Bear

Pull&Bear reminds me of a more modern, polished Hollister. It has a cool, relaxed atmosphere with clothing that borders more on a darker color scale, with lots of navy, white, dark red and black. The store also offers an abundance of what I like to call funny “English” shirts (I have a shirt that just reads “Stay Messy” on it), and caters to men and women.

4. Stradivarius

Stradivarius is one of my favorite stores on this list, for a variety of reasons. It gives off American Eagle vibes, but is classier and more sophisticated in my opinion. I bought my embroidered bag that I mentioned from my summer trend-takeaway article there, and I still love it. The store offer a variety of accessories that are not only amazing but incredibly versatile, in addition to bright, colorful clothing and the cutest shoes I’ve ever seen. Overall, I would very much describe Stradivarius as a kind of bohemian chic.

5. Accessorize

Just like the name suggests, Accessorize carries adorable and endearing accessories. I find it to be like Claire’s, but overall more appealing to a wider age demographic and not as kid-ish. The store has definitely matured through the years with its style, and now offers clothing alongside accessories such as bathing suits and active wear. According to the website, Accessorize can ship to the United States if you find something you really love online.

6. Zara

Okay, so I know we have Zara here in the United States BUT the range of clothing that’s more available overseas is incredible, plus it’s a little cheaper there even if Zara is more expensive in general. The retailer is more suited for the mature, working girl crowd that has some cash to drop and has a ton of very versatile, classic pieces that I would recommend to anyone. I would overall describe Zara as Forever 21’s older, more put together sister with a stable job.

7. Tally Weijl

Much like Pink Woman, Tally Weijl offers cute, pretty clothing that, while more suited for older teens, can be trendy and even incredibly classy. I bought a black and toffee colored strapless dress from there during my sophomore year of high school, which I still get compliments from every time I wear it. Tally Weijl also carries some really cute statement pieces, like the badge skirt shown above.

The next time I find myself overseas in Europe, I’m saving up some money so I can treat myself to a shopping spree at these stores. They definitely offered an array of fashion that I didn’t see in the United States at the time. I can’t wait to see what styles eventually make their way from “across the pond” over the course of the year!

Cover photo: https://unsplash.com/photos/68csPWTnafo.

Elena Kallergis is currently a 4th year Advertising major at the University of Florida. Her passions include ballet dancing, drawing, reading, traveling, and rock climbing. She loves flowers, cats, fashion, chocolate chip cookies, cheeseburgers, and anything to do with the color peach. Outside of class, you can either catch her eating while attempting to study or just eating in general. Follow her on Instagram @elenamika.