This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Even though most of us are no longer rushing to get ready in the morning because school is now virtual, that doesn’t mean that we can’t still get ready. Maybe you want to look cute for your Zoom or just for yourself, and you don’t know what to do with your hair. This is such a common problem because figuring out what hairstyle to do can be super hard. However, if you have been on social media recently, there have been many new hairstyles that people have been posting and they have become very trendy. You may be thinking that these hairstyles are very difficult to achieve, but don’t worry because they are relatively easy! You can put your hair into these super cute hairstyles so that your hair will look flawless all day. Another great thing about them is that they won’t take you forever to do, so in the morning you won’t be dreading doing your hair. Here are five trendy hairstyles that you can achieve at home:

Butterfly clips

When Kylie Jenner posted butterflies, those beauties became so popular not only on social media, but also in fashion and beauty! People have now been using butterflies to accessorize their hair by with butterfly clips like these mini butterfly hair clips from Amazon. They come in a variety of colors, so you will be able to find one to match your outfit. All you have to do is put one of these hair clips in your hair, or even a few of them, and your hair will look super stylish!

Mini butterfly hair clips ($6.99 at Amazon)

Half-up, half-down

The half-up, half-down hairstyle is also very trendy right now. This is good news because it is so easy to achieve! All you need is a hairband or even a scrunchie, and to separate the top half of your hair into a ponytail. This hair look may seem too easy, but don’t worry because it will keep your hair looking stylish!

Headbands

It’s been a while since headbands were a super popular hair accessory, but now they’re back. If you are a fan of Gossip Girl, the headbands that Blair Waldorf wore are exactly what you should go for. These are super popular with people wearing headbands in a variety of colors. Usually, these headbands are thicker like these headbands from Amazon. This hairstyle is so easy as long as you brush your hair and accessory with a headband, you’ll be able to achieve a trendy hairstyle!

Assorted headbands ($16.99 at Amazon)

Barrettes

Another hairstyle that is coming back is hair barrettes. This was a popular trend years ago and if you have some hair barrettes, this is the perfect time to start wearing them again! Also, there are many options to choose from when purchasing hair barrettes. If you want to pair them with a more casual outfit you can wear plain hair barrettes like these from Amazon that come in different colors. Or, if your outfit is a bit fancier and you want your hair to match, you can upgrade to fancier hair barrettes. For example, these pearl hair barrettes from Amazon will look adorable with your fancier outfits!

Assorted hair barrettes ($6.98 at Amazon) and Pearl hair barrettes ($5.99 at Amazon)

Double ponytails

Remember how popular pigtails and double ponytails were when we were little? Well, this hairstyle made a comeback. So many people are wearing their hair in ponytails again! When you think of this hairstyle, double high ponytails may come to mind, but you can also wear this hairstyle in double low ponytails (because that has also become very trendy). All you need to do is use your regular hairbands or spice up this hairstyle by using some fun hairbands to put your hair in double ponytails.

Scrunchies

If you want a more casual hairstyle, but you also want to keep your hair looking stylish, you should start using scrunchies! Scrunchies have come back in style as a way to put your hair in a ponytail (you can even use them for double ponytails). There are so many different kinds of scrunchies that you can choose from, and they are usually reasonably priced! For example, you can get this pack of velvet scrunchies from Amazon that comes in all kinds of colors, so you will find one that goes perfectly with whatever you are wearing. With this hair look, you won’t have to worry about doing your hair if you are in a rush because you will be able to put your hair in a ponytail in no time!  

Velvet scrunchies ($6.99 at Amazon)

I hope that you try out some of these hairstyles to find the perfect hairstyle for you. Not only will your hair look gorgeous, but you will also be keeping up with the hairstyle trends!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.