6 Traditions True Gentlemen Still Do That Make Women’s Hearts Melt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In a society where nighttime booty calls are a norm, romantic interactions are arranged via an app and a “hit it and quit it” mentality is accepted, it’s understandable why many are weary of the current dating scene. All of us have fallen victim to the “douche-ness” mentioned above that so many men participate in. So, when we stagger upon that rare breed of males that I like to call true gentlemen, we pretty much go googly-eyed. These fine examples exude chivalry at all times and remind us that there are still good guys out there. Chivalry is not dead and here are six gestures of gentlemen that prove it.

Photo Credit: All This Happiness Studios www.allthishappiness.com

1. Opening the doorA guy who goes out of his way to open the door for you knows how to treat a lady. He goes above and beyond and is definitely a keeper. It’s important to notice when a man puts your well being above his, even if it’s just for a few seconds.

2. Family manA guy who can talk to your father about business, compliment your mother’s baking and help your little sister with her homework is honestly one of the most touching and attractive things a guy can do. Acts of sincerity like this display a genuine interest in you and your family.

3. Sharing his foodMen love food. (Let’s be real, so do women, but that’s besides the point.) So, when your guy shares his food with you, he is basically saying he likes you more than food. That’s huge.

4. Watching a chick flick with youWhen a guy suffers through a girly TV show or movie, he gets some major points. This is something he obviously is doing just for you because I doubt he really wants to spend his evening watching The Notebook or Sleepless in Seattle.

5. He gives you his jacketWhen you are cold, there is nothing better than warming up in your man’s jacket. It seems trivial, but it doesn’t take a grand gesture to display affection and impress a girl.

6. Kissing your foreheadThis one is my favorite. This little action makes a girl feel adored.

See collegiettes? Chivalry does still exist and if you find a guy who displays any of these qualities, never let him go.