Style

6 Big Bags for the Working Girl on the Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Big bags are back! But, if you’re like me they never left. Small bags and fanny packs have been at the forefront of the movement to abolish large purses in the fashion industry. I love a good crossbody or fanny pack as much as the next girl, but sometimes you just can’t sacrifice storage space in the name of fashion –– and we don’t have to. Big bags are for everyone, whether you have to run from class to an internship or just love carrying everything you own at once. Here are six big bags for the busy student and working girl that will not only hold all of your stuff, but make you look stylish on the run.

Varsity Blues

This dual-toned denim tote will go with absolutely any outfit, especially your jeans on casual Fridays. It’s lightweight but doesn’t compromise when it comes to size –– it has nine pockets!

Get the Michael Kors Carter Denim Open Tote exclusively at Macy’s for $136.80.

A Day at the Parks

This Disney-inspired bag isn’t just adorable but multi-functional. Intended for use as a baby bag, it is lighter and more spacious than the average tote bag. Though you may not need it now, you never know if one day you may actually need a baby bag! If you’re clumsy like me, the nylon material will be perfect in the case of spills. You may even want to take it out of your work fashion rotation to sport it around the theme parks with all your essentials.

Get the kate spade new york for minnie mouse bethany baby bag at Kate Spade for $328.

All Grown Up

You can never go wrong with neutral tones. That’s a fact. Nothing says “all grown up” like strutting down the pavement on your way to work with your nude canvas purse on your arm.

Get the Robinson Tote at Tory Burch for $348.

Timeless Simplicity

This plaid look will scream professional-yet-trendy. Grey plaid is timeless and never goes out of style. The faux fur top can take this bag from work to play, regardless of your outfit.

Get the Bjen Plaid at Steve Madden for $39.99.

For Every Mood

The leather is vegan and comes in 29 different shades and designs to choose from for whatever mood you’re in. With multiple straps and handles, it can be used as a tote bag, daily purse, shoulder bag, top handle bag, work bag, laptop bag and whatever you need it to be! It even comes with a matching wallet!

Get the two tone black/Pewter tote + Matching Wallet on Amazon for $39.99.

Pretty in Pink

This blush minimalist tote is perfect to tie together a pattern-heavy outfit, or even complement your nude or pastel look. It’s even outfitted with a padded compartment fit for a tablet, making it perfect for class.

Get the Maddie Medium Crossgrain Leather Tote at Michael Kors for $149.90.

Now that you have your dream bag for any occasion, let’s get working.

Carolina is a third-year journalism major at the University of Florida. After graduation, she plans to reunite with her one true love— New York City. NYC bound, Carolina hopes to, one day, work for one of Hearst’s many magazine publications (*cough, cough* ELLE or Cosmo. She’s honestly not picky; she just wants to be employed) as a Social Media Director. In her rare free time, you can either find her in second-home and first love, Orlando, Florida, or running around town looking for something to write about. 
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.