5 Things to Look Forward to Now That Football Season is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Whelp, it’s official: Football season is over and now there’s an empty hole in our schedules every Saturday. It may seem like there is nothing to look forward to with tough class schedules, dreary weather and boring weekends, but that is not true. There are so many amazing things to look forward to, and here are a few of my favorites.

1. No hiked-up drink prices in Midtown. This includes Swamp Restaurant bringing back all-you-can-drink deals from 9 to 11, and a guarantee that most patrons of the bars will be under the age of 26, unlike on football weekends.

2. Gator basketball (even if Coach Donovan isn’t here to celebrate like this anymore).

3. Spring Break! This might actually be my favorite week of the entire year. From sun-soaked cruises to getaway houses in Panama City Beach, the possibilities are endless. There are no worries or cares during Spring Break, just fun-filled days with a group of your best friends.

4. Free Saturdays for beach days, Ginnie Springs trips and Lake Wauburg outings. During football season there are never any free days to relax and enjoy the nature-filled options that Gainesville has to offer. The spring semester offers a chance for students to slow down and enjoy the outdoors

5. St. Patrick’s Day. Easily one of the best holidays cannot come soon enough. It is a day filled with drinking beer and getting lucky! And as if that was not enough, I look fantastic in green.

Just because football season is over, it doesn’t mean your life is over. Just look on the bright side and enjoy all the perks that spring semester will offer once we all head back to Gainesville. In the meantime, enjoy your winter break, collegiettes!

Photo credit: blog.studentcity.com