Style

5 Outfit Ideas for 5 Types of Fall Concerts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Fall is not only filled with pumpkin spice, corn mazes and cool weather. There are also many musicians going on tour during this time, like Twenty One Pilots, Weezer and Ed Sheeran, to name a few. If your music taste is anything like mine and spans multiple genres, it may be difficult to find the perfect concert outfit. Here are a few ideas to spark some style inspiration for your next music adventure!

Pop

When I think of pop music, a colorful vibe comes to mind. This white lace crop top is perfect for cooler weather, and it will look great with any bottoms. I paired it with this lace-up A-line yellow mini skirt to add a pop of autumn color and a fun tone to the outfit. Although any simple jewelry pieces would work with this style, I chose a pink leather choker set, which adds a fun-but-delicate touch of color. I‘ve also been obsessed with these Steve Madden flatform sandals because this style has been a major summer trend, and they’re comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Indie

Indie concerts may be more popular in the summertime, but you don’t want to miss the chance to show off your closet’s fall floral patterns and colors. Indie concerts typically embody a “free spirit” theme, so this free-flowing high-low dress is perfect to channel your inner goddess. Because it can get quite cool if the venue is outdoors, you can pair this dress with any basic jean jacket to offer a sense of ruggedness to the outfit. You can also add a neutral bandana as a necktie or headband for that Coachella look. If you don’t like the idea of the bandana, this layered bar charm choker can be a nice replacement to simplify this style. This outfit wouldn’t be complete without gladiator sandals like these tan ones from Lulu’s.

Country

This next outfit can be worn to a country concert or to a pumpkin patch. The staple piece of this outfit is the black western hat, and it’s not as overbearing as some “cowboy” hats tend to be. I thought this burgundy off-the-shoulder cropped shirt is an essential autumn piece and goes well with a high-waisted jean skirt. To add more of a country flare, these Western leather booties make this “cowgirl” look much trendier. I didn’t include jewelry with this outfit because of the hat, but a simple silver necklace would go flawlessly with this.

Rap

These types of concerts have a careless aura rather than an elaborate ambiance. This raw-cut black sweatshirt is cropped at the stomach, which makes it go perfectly with some high-waisted bottoms. These BDG destroyed mom jeans give the look an edgier tone, and they are form-fitting in the waist to flaunt your curves. You can also replace the jeans with a high-waisted skirt or leggings for a dressier look. I completed this outfit with a pair of floral embroidered Adidas sneakers that are both cute and comfortable.

Rock

If you have an old band t-shirt, you can easily create a grungy rock look. This Rolling Stones American-flag lips shirt has a hint of acid wash in the fabric that gives it an edgy look. Because of the hint of blue in the shirt, white bottoms like these high-waisted shorts from Forever 21 offer a better contrast than blue or black jeans. If you can invest in some Dr. Martens boots, I highly suggest doing so because of their comfort and overall popularity at rock concerts. These white 1460 8-Eye boots embody the ‘90s “emo” vibe, and they are a necessary accessory for any concert junkie. To top off the outfit, you can add a black stretch choker, which is making a comeback in the fashion world.

There are many more appropriate options for these outfits depending on the weather or venue. You may want to swap a short-sleeved shirt for a warmer one or vice versa. You could also incorporate some winter weather styles by adding stockings under skirts or a cute cardigan over shirts. However, I would avoid wearing heavy clothing to concerts because it tends to become very hot in venues, and you’ll want to have plenty of room to breathe when you’re jumping and dancing to the music.

Style is what you make it and whatever you’re comfortable with wearing. Be bold, and wear an outfit that you love and feel confident in. In the end, if you feel good in what you’re wearing, you’ll look great, too!