This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spring break has just ended, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take some time to watch some great shows that will make us laugh as we mourn break. With so many streaming services, the options seem limitless but that means there’s a show for everyone. Below are some shows that are worth a try.

“The Good Place”

With stars like Kristen Bell, Ted Danson and Jameela Jamil, we knew the show was going to be funny. But after finishing all four seasons, I can conclude that the Emmys snubbed them. A show that fits philosophical ideas amidst fart jokes, raining trash and floating jumbo shrimp, it brings easy humor in a show that tackles a heavy question, “What makes you a good person, and are the standards we hold possible to reach?”

This show surprised me, not only because of the plot twists, but because of how thought out these philosophical and moral questions were. If you want a show that makes you look at things a little closer while making you laugh at the ridiculous things, try this show.

I have to admit that I miss this show, but the point was to say that all good things end sooner than you want. Even in the finale you’ll laugh while crying because of how great these characters were. They are real—good and bad with fears and dreams.

“One Day at a Time”

A reboot of the original “One Day at a Time” by Norman Lear, it focuses on three generations of a Cuban family’s life. A sitcom at heart, the laughs will be paired with you sighing and crying with the characters.

Some people argue that this sitcom doesn’t deserve the praise or the pickup by PopTV, but this family focused sitcom is different. The actors do a great job at portraying their characters like they could be our neighbor: a single mother that has PTSD from serving in the military, a loving and flirty grandmother, a teenage daughter owning her sexuality and a tween brother who is growing up. There are times when the episodes can get heavy, but it makes the jokes especially funny when they are said during those times. Honestly, it brings to light how heart and laughter are what make life a little bit easier.

“Disenchantment”

I was pleasantly surprised with this show. Looking at the art style of the show, I thought it was going to be gross humor and bad jokes. Instead, it’s a raunchy “Dungeons and Dragons” kind of show. A princess, elf and a cat-shaped demon walked into a bar must have been how the show was pitched. Short episodes with adventures and one-liners that pack a punch, it’s the show to tune into when winding down from a long day. You don’t get as invested in the characters, but more of the jokes and later the multiple storylines. If you liked shows such as “Adventure Time” and “Star vs. the Forces of Evil,” then you should like this one.

“Red vs. Blue”

Originally a web series by Burnie Burns and based on “Halo: Combat Evolved,” it went to Netflix for a couple of years until it was taken off in January 2020. It can still be found on its original platform, YouTube. The first couple of episodes are grainy and seem to have no point, but as you keep watching the quality gets better, a complex plot develops and the humor gets stronger. This is the show that makes you laugh at how dumb the characters are and the quality of the show. This was the show I would have playing as I fell asleep on nights where I was sad. It’s a show that grows on you, so give it some time before you call it quits.

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”

If you haven’t heard about “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” by now, then you must be living under a rock. Loved by celebrities like Lin-Manuel Miranda, Seth Meyers and Mark Hamill, it wasn’t shocking that so many people became upset when Fox dropped the show. Luckily, NBC saw how much loved the show had accumulated and picked it up. Now we have seven seasons of Charles accidentally making everything sexual, Jake doing ridiculous things and Captain Holt’s deadpan expression. Don’t let the fact that it’s a cop show deter you, at its heart, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is about friendship.

Racheal Jones is a senior at the University of Florida studying Sociology. She's completed research on family violence and is currently working on a new research project. She loves Marvel movies, sapphic fantasy novels and Taylor Swift. Outside of school, she's learning how to roller skate, take care of her plants and rock climb.